FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We need a new potty

Author Topic: We need a new potty
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! I've gone and done it. I was attempting to fix a leak and I wrecked our toilet.

There are many to choose from and help on how to choose a new one. Perhaps you all can give me some advice as well.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I reccomend these. No plumbing wories...
http://www.biolet.com/

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

BannaOj, Have you used this type? Is the no odor claim truthful?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen them before, and yes the no odor claim seems to be truthful though I don't own one myself. My dad has wanted to buy one for years, but my mother won't let him <grin>

Composting toilets are pretty sophisticated. And they often tend to smell less than your average RV holding tank toilet, becuase the bacateria is breaking the objectionable stuff down, while in an RV toilet it is just holding until dumping with some blue antisepticish stuff in to deal with the smell.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am totally going into business with these:

http://www.blacktieservices.com/Products/bt210.asp

We go to a lot of music festivals. Hippies are aging. The porta potties are getting to be a hardship. It is time for my plan to make a million! if I charge a dollar a pop(or poop)it will just take 30,000 visits and the thing will pay for itself, especially if I add showers.

I am just an entrepeeneur, I guess!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Potty emergency! Potty emergency!
Can I borrow your potty!?

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking at toilets not long ago. If I had the money, I wanted to go with a low-flow model, particularly one made by American Standard, called the Champion

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Elizabeth, I hesitate to say that the fancy porta potty would be "puttin on the sh*tz"
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait till the new Harry Potty comes out...

[Razz]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Potty emergency! Potty emergency!
Can I borrow your potty!?"

Sure you can, sure you can. Hand me one slim dollah and you can go!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.