FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm Watching LOTR:ROTK tonight on DVD!

Author Topic: I'm Watching LOTR:ROTK tonight on DVD!
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd tell every one. Sure I've seen it 4 times in the theater but it's always exciting to bring it home on DVD. This is one of the VERY FEW, if not ONLY perk to my wife's job at a video store.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
hate.. filled with HAAATE....

[Wink]

I'm SO JEALOUS!
I saw ROTK 10 times in the theater... heheheee

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine watched The Two Towers 16 times in the cinema. She watched the Fellowship 18 times.

I'm not sure how many times she watched ROTK though.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing how it was worth the wait to only buy the extended versions in both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, I will wait for the Extended Edition The Return of the King to come out on DVD instead of buying the one that releases on May 25th.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait....

*quiver*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree. I refuse to buy the theatrical versions. But since the wife can bring them home for free until the release date, I figured, what the heck it was worth watching once or twice.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Well if it's free...
No shame in that!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTK passes all other films for number of times I watched it in the theater. Three times. Yup, I'm a geek [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
*dripping with jealousy*
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll wait for the extended edition, thankyouverymuch.

I predict it'll clock in at about four and a half hours long.

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

4.5 hours....
*drools*
[Wink]

digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*slips in puddle of drool*

*cracks skull on floor*

*falls into a coma until the EE of ROTK is released*

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
See what happens when Myr isn't around with her trusty mop?
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, if I was the type of person who sniggered, I would be doing so right now...

Thanks Slacker and Ludosti

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I might have to rent that mudda this weekend and inflict it upon my mom.

Over spring break I was held hostage for my XBox so my mom could watch the extended editions of Fellowship and Two Towers and the first three discs of Ken Burns' Civil War on DVD (a great watch, if you ever get the chance). That must have been a 12 hour movie session. It was cool to see the two back-to-back, but a couch can only be so comfortable. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to 2 months ago.. [Wink]
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

slacker:
[Evil]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Muwahahahaha!

I got to watch ROTK yesterday. [Evil]
I asked my friend who works at one of our local video rental stores and they were able to get one for us to watch! heheheh.. Minas Tirith...*drool*

*happy dance*

cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Its ordered for the 25th - guess what I'm doing Tuesday evening - can't wait [Big Grin]
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.