FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown VI: Aunty Climax -- lits not what you're thinking (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown VI: Aunty Climax -- lits not what you're thinking
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the let down, but we're doing literary puns, not sexual innuendo. At least, not unless your innuendo and out the other. Maybe Dickens, for example.

Okay, enough of that. It's just a stage I'm going through. The play's the sting.

It was the best of puns, it was the worst of puns...

And something's not quite write...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
This doesn't really apply, but one of my students once asked why Brutus in "Julius Caesar" was standing in his orchid to give his soliloquy. He meant "orchard". Maybe he grew orchids there? [Smile]
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
eat Hardy Boys! Tomorrow we set sail on the Belle!

jARGH!

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It is a far, far better zing I pun than I have ever punned before.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

"Thar she blows!"

"Har! Lam! Poon! get up here!"

"where's Le Quinn?"

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

To pee, or not to pee: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The pains and pressures of bursting bladder,
Or to drop trou to make a sea of urine,
And by relieving end them?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

dude, what's happening to you? It's like first your illustrated and now your invisible, man...
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, that was deep.
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I don't know. I guess I'm just not living up to my Great Expectations, fallow.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

A prostitute offers her clients a special herbal drink that enhances sexual pleasure. It's so rare that it has to be carried down from the mountains by burro.

It's her donkey ho tea.

fallow
Member # 6268

It's just a portrait, Dagonee. Sure it's not that great, but...
fallow
Member # 6268

Anyone catch the fight at the pond last night? Waldo vs. ELO?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The tomato pickers were required to fill their wicker containers each day in order to receive their wage. One day, someone's dog got into chuck wagon and ate everyone's lunch. The culprit?

The Hound of the Basket Fillers.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
The pate was really fancy, because it was All Liver.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It went well with a gin and tonic with a Twist.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Jerry Garcia got a new publicist in the 80s. His business card said "Speaker for the Dead."
fallow
Member # 6268

paradise lost 2 to 0 in the first quarter.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I washed my pants. When I looked in the washer, there were some dice in there.

I thought, Oh,hooray! A pair o'dice regained!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

They've decided to publish the day-day charts and ship's logs of the Mayflower's trip to Plymouth. It'll be called "Pilgrim's Progress."
fallow
Member # 6268

That's where that quarter went!

*eyes shrunken jeans*

Lily's never gonna get this right, no matter how much effort she putsin to it.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I feel so bad that they lived in Bleak Houses.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

A night club just hired a Jamaican security good for the when the club was closed. He comes around after the action is done - he's the Day New Mon.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That was a very swift joke, Fallow.

[ May 15, 2004, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

A mad scientist has created pizza crust that can move on its own, but it takes a long time to rise. So he's stuck Waiting for his Go Dough.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The poor, naive country man away from home was taken by every con artist in the big city, who always pay attention when the gullibles travel.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Sounds like he lives in a real Cuckoo's Nest.
fallow
Member # 6268

that's the con's etiquette, yankee.

court adjourned.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

He got on bus 21 by mistake, so now he's got to figure out where he can Catch 22.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You reall think he came a lot to court?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Orville Redenbacher went out on the town with Charles. The Prince and the Popper had a lovely time.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That is a dickens of a joke, Dag.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Sounds like Orville has come upon hard times
fallow
Member # 6268

Virgil fouls out and Homer steps up to the plate.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I thought my joke was The Pearl of the thread.
fallow
Member # 6268

it's dark in here, dag, could you turn on your heartlight?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, this French woman I know had more pearl rings than I have ever seen. We called her Lourdes of the Rings.
fallow
Member # 6268

rolls in the leaves of grass.

ROFL

cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
This guy came into my cafe the other day and asked how I served my coffee. So I told him,

"You can have it any way as you like it, sir?"

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

an albatross and a penguin walk into a bar.

the bartender says "what'll you have?"

the albatross goes "got any longnecks?"

the bartender wipes the countertop and eyes the penguin.

"whatever the old man is having," shrugs the penguin.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm. I wonder if that is how you learn to kill a mockingbird, too.
cochick
Member # 6167

I was answering the phone for Mr Empire's secretary whilst she went for lunch the other day when Mr Anfall rang. As he was on holiday she'd told me to tell people he'd ring back next week. When she got back she asked who had rung and I told her:

De client Anfall of the roamin' Empire

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Double amputee's favorite book: A Farewell to Arms.

A hangover from drinking too much wine: The Wrath of Grapes.

cochick
Member # 6167

My Mum rang the other day to complain that my Dad had forgotten their anniversary. It was definitely The Call of the Wild.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ouch. Sounds like she made him take the stand.
cochick
Member # 6167

Yeah - it took all my persuasive powers to calm her down. It was like the taming of the shrew.
fallow
Member # 6268

cochick,

did you use the talisman I sent you?

fallow

cochick
Member # 6167

fallow,

it must be Lost in America somewhere!

fallow
Member # 6268

oh well, I'm your huckleberry, then.

finn (err... flish, fallow)

cochick
Member # 6167

You better not do that again because Tom saw yer.
fallow
Member # 6268

Tom's sore, ya?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.