FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dammit!

Author Topic: Dammit!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
So I come home, happy that I'm done with all my exams and I only have 5 pages to write before a whole month off. I get a message from some web hosting service asking if I had ordered $1,000 worth of web hosting on my credit card.

No, actually, I hadn't.

I've cancelled the card, and there are no other bad charges. The thing is, I can't figure out where they got my number from...

Dagonee
*That'll teach me to be in a good mood.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the forum did recently change servers...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I knew I shouldn't have used my credit card number for my password.

Dagonee
P.S., how are things going for you, mac?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ex Work Updates
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Good luck. Glad you found counsel.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dag that sucks. I'm glad you caught it before it got out of hand. (But if it had gotten out of hand, you could have done one of those hilarious citibank adds where they have those funny voice-overs.)

But look, a month off is still a MONTH OFF!! You definitely have reason to celebrate!

[Party]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the Citibank ads rock.

It's kind of strange that the company didn't catch it. When I ordered a book from a publisher in the UK for my summer study abroad on my parents' credit card (with their permission, of course), the company cancelled their card thinking it was fraud.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.