FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Godsend

Author Topic: Godsend
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
What do you guys think? From the trailer, I can't decide whether or not it's supposed to be terrifying or somewhat thought-provoking. I might try to go see it tonight, though. *ponders* But I'm so terrified of small children....
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
My gosh, I think it looks hilarious. What kind of uninformed, cowardly, trend-concious, reactionary filmmaker would actually produce a movie where cloning your dead child creates a demonspawn being of pure evil? If ever there was proop that popular culture has no place for actual science, it would be this ridiculous display of outright superstition and blatant anti-science propaganda.

OOOOH. They CLONeD him. CLOOOONED him. See, now he's laughing at you. [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really intrigued and can't wait to see it. I heard it was supposed to be both thought-provoking *and* a thriller, pH.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't there already been at least one other movie based on this exact premise?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Actually, there was a Twilight Zone episode where they cloned the kid, and while the mom was pregnant with the clone, it started like flipping out whenever the dad was around because the dad had accidentally caused the kid's death in the first place.
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Stormy, I wondered that too. I thought it was a 70's or 80's film. But maybe I'm wrong.

I am not even remotely tempted to see this movie. It just sounds dumb. Instead, I'm working up the courage to go see The Village when it comes out. Sigourney Weaver said that she had nightmares after reading the script, a first for her. Just thinking about the story made her tense, which she said she had to actively combat to play her role as a calm, unbelieving villager. I hate scary movies, but I think I have to see this one.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think the film (Godsend) has potential to be pretty decent, a la The Butterfly Effect - a film which I actually really enjoyed.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I was also pleasantly surprised by the Butterfly Effect...as well as entirely freaked out, since small children terrify me to begin with, as I said before. When I lived at home, I used to have dreams that I would wake up, and a little boy was standing next to my bed staring at me...missing an eye. [Angst]
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you're supposed to be the little boy. Lolla-Wossiky is the one who appears next to your bed missing an eye.
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks interesting, but I'm certainly not going to spend any money on it. Meh.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

See, that's my stand on I, Robot. I want to see it, but I don't actually want any of my money to go toward such an abomination.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.