FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who you really screw when you make a fake food order

Author Topic: Who you really screw when you make a fake food order
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do people call pizza shops and make fake orders to be delivered to houses of people they don't like or are trying to play trick on? I think i'm missing the joke.

you're not screwing the people you play the joke on. they just tell the guy they didn't order and that's the end of that.

you're most likely not even screwing the pizza shop. unless it's a really big order. but most likely someone else has ordered the same pie or sandwich and we can send it right out to them.

who you're screwing is the delivery guy who had to waste his or her time driving out there with the order, just go all the way back, without any tip or commision money, and who has now probably lost even more time trying to clear up the confusion and has missed some deliveries back at the shop.

i mean seriously, don't people think when they do things like this.

"HA HA! you totally didn't order a pizza, and some guy came to your house with a pizza. And you totally felt uncomfortable for a minute till you told the pizza guy to leave. Man...that's good stuff."

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Some people just have too little common sense and too much time on their hands. I've never seen how this kind of thing is funny, either.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
gah, did that happen today?

Once again, i must proclaim:

I hate people.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
dude, thats only for pizza orders. I've been putting orders for tires with a side of rubber to go in at the resturant I used to work at for years with no one screwed, and everyone amused.

edit-not always tires with a side of rubber, that's just an example

[ April 18, 2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Strange that your shop doesn't call back to confirm the order after the phone number is matched with the address given.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
we'd have to hire another person to just do that!

we get so many orders, and some times it's just so hectic, i couldn't imagine calling everybody who ordered.

alot of addresses we recognize by site. and we have some schools in the area so we get alot of college kids orders to the dorms and other forms of university housing.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
The Pizza Hut (sorry Da Goat) that is by my parent's house has caller ID and if it doesn't match up, they don't deliver, unless they know you.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.