FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Have you been to Mexico?

Author Topic: Have you been to Mexico?
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm finishing a short story, and in it, the main characters are taking a shuttle from the airport to Acapulco. I want to describe the scenery. Not a lot, but enough that it's believable.

What kind of things might they see? What's the terrain like? What kind of flowers and trees, etc.? Are there little villages they might see? What do they look like. Etc.

[ April 12, 2004, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: CalvinMaker ]

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Light. A LOT of light. Sunshine glaring off everything it possibly can and deflecting itself aggressively off those surfaces, past your lenses, and smashing your retinas into bleached painful pulp.

wear sunglasses.

Bit's of agriculture. Hints of irrigation and the smell of weeds.

Lots of poor people. That word 'ramshackle" for businesses, something worse for home dwellings. Then the offset of the developed areas.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. Thanks.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
And spell it "Acapulco" instead.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

I don't know what you're talking about Pop. [Wink] [Blushing]
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been to Acapulco, so I can't help you with my own experiences of the area, but if you do a search for Guerrero (the state Acapulco's in), you should find a bunch of links for the area which hopefully include pictures. Here's the first site that came up for me - it looks to have a bunch of info about the plants and animals of the area.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.