FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » forgot about daylight savings?

Author Topic: forgot about daylight savings?
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a nifty list of clocks to change in case you need a reminder

yep, I forgot.. for the *fourth* year in a row. I couldn't figure out how I missed the church picnic today. I thought I would be sliding in for the last hour of it, but nope- everyone was gone. I was puzzled. Five minutes ago I realized why.

Why, oh why, do we need to go through this blasted time change?

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just glad I got the new VCR that changes to daylight savings time automatically. Now it's blinking 1:00.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That was funny.

Yeah, I forgot and missed the first hour of General Conference.

The bad thing was, I didn't realize I had forgotten until the session ended an hour earlier than I'd expected! I was so proud of myself for getting up on time too!! [Frown]

Anyway, I'll have to catch the archive.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't change. [Big Grin]

But that's actually worse, because half the year we're one time difference away from other places, and half the year it's a different time difference... and I never remember which is which!

It drives me nuts. Half the year, it's not too late to call my friends in Israel when I get back from school, and half the year it is. Aaah!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I like not changing, I think DST is silly.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind changing. I've never lived anywhere where the time doesn't change. But this year I forgot. I was called into work early and only realized I forgot to change my clocks after I was already late. Oh well.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Missed the first hour of conference because of DST, and the second hour because I coudln't find my speakers.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
fortunately I didn't actually miss conference, I thought it was from 10-12 (as it is for MST, but not Central)
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Being out of school and unemployed with no TV and nowhere to get to, the only effect it had on me was the fact that I woke up at one instead of noon. [Blushing]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder why the Americans switch to DST a week later that in Europe... [Dont Know] Anyway, this can cause some trouble, especially if you are in Europe and you just settled with your friend from US for a "precise" time to talk on Y!M. And while he's there, worrying 'bout you, why you didn't show up, you're in your sweet bed, [Sleep] ! Happy DST to all of us ! [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Corwin, a year ago I was in Italy during the time change...then we came home and went through the time change again. *blink* I felt really cheated, especially since we begrudged losing an hour of being in Italy.

[ April 05, 2004, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
We remembered to re-set the clocks. Plus we were already supposed to be at church an hour early for a choir practive, so we felt like we lost TWO hours.

...and we replaced the batteries in all our smoke detectors, like we do each time change.

Farmgirl

[ April 05, 2004, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
The time changed???

... No wonder I got so many dirty looks when I came into work this morning...

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to change from PST to CDT, a three hour difference in the wrong direction. Yes I woke up at 10 am this morning!

Sunlight, sunlight, get lots of sunlight. That retrains your internal clock like nothing else.

I suffer terribly from the time change every spring. It can take me six weeks or more to adjust. I don't care where they decide to put the clock, I just wish they would leave them the heck alone once they make up their minds! [Smile]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
The time change doesn't affect me psychologically, except to make me happy that I finally have daylight in the evening. By the way, I did adjust my clocks on time [Razz] . I also took the liberty of resynchronizing them with the national atomic clock.

As an aside, I have a radio in my car that I can never remember how to change the time on. So, this winter, like the last, it remained blissfully in DST. Does anyone else just leave this clock alone?

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually really annoyed that the 2 alarm clocks in our room are those automatically-changing ones (living in AZ where we don't need any extra daylight)! I woke up and got worried that slacker wasn't home from work yet, since the clock said it was just after 7 and he normally gets home just after 6. I went in the other room and saw one of the other clocks and was really confused for a moment. So I had to go fix the alarm clocks....
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Luckily my roommate's clock changes automatically-but I sure hit some trouble getting up at 6 and realizing it was too dark to safely bike to work...
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Those who keep mentioning "conference" neglect to mention that during the Saturday afternoon conference they remind everyone to change their clocks. I just think it's funny, I don't mean to be a snot if you were working or something. [Razz]

I think I mentioned this last year, that a friend of mine who worked graveyards had to eat the time difference. Of course, now it is spring and they would magically get an extra hour.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I remembered to change all my clocks...except my alarm. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve, don't worry, you're not the only one.

Me, I wake up using a phone-alarm service. I knew they were not going to change it that soon to ajust to DST, but my brother forgot. And as he was the one to go to bed last, he put it to ring at 7 on Monday... By I don't know what miracle I woke up, without "help" from any alarm, at 7:30 (my usual wake up hour, but it was really the old 6:30) and so made it to school in time !

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.