FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Eve: The Second Genesis

Author Topic: Eve: The Second Genesis
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys...curious if any Jatraqueros play this right now. I'm in the trial and may just pay for this one, unlike every other MMO game I've tried. Definitely has vibes of Elite or Privateer in it. [Smile] There's a free trial now, so they can steal players of Earth and Beyond away now that it is dying.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried it during the beta, and was disappointed. The face-maker was AWESOME, but the game itself seemed to involve an awful lot of reading a book while my ship mined something ...
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Are people still playing E & B?!? I played it when it first came out and then quit. I wouldn't have continued to play it if people payed me money.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
There is still mining, but it can be avoided with missions (or by hooking up with a decent corp). I just love how the players have taken ownership of the game. There are several alliances that claimed ownership of 'lawless' space, you have pirates charging tolls, some great writing...much better than in the beta. There's a trial now if you wanted to see it again.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I think some people are still playing E&B, but EA has moved the dev team and is shutting down the servers in, er, September I believe. The dev team is being moved to other projects, most notably UXO. I'm actually surprised it's getting so little attention at the moment.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I played Eve Online for about 2 months. It was, um, boring. To do well in that game, you need to join a corporation. And plan on spending countless hours mining asteroids/reading a book.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved playing Earth and Beyond when it first came out. Sadly, it lost that draw after about a month.

If there had just been a bit of something outside of the ship... (besides the hidden Jenquai disco room). So much promise, so much eye candy, good back story, but nothing to keep it and you rolling along.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.