FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Band of Brothers

Author Topic: Band of Brothers
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, I am definitely not someone who would do this on a regular basis, but I am getting pressed for time and cannot afford a bad grade in any subject.

That said, can anyone tell me whether there were any discrepencies between Band of Brothers (book) and Band of Brothers (HBO miniseries)? I have seen the film multiple times, and I am reading the book as I type.

Unfortunately, I realize that I do not have time to finish before the friday due date. So I ask for your help.

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, these threads never get any actual responses though man.

The best you can hope for is "Do your own homework!".

My advice? Bullcrap it. You'll at least get a C or so. Use it as a learning experience for next time.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

I'm so ashamed...
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
While I haven't read the book I have heard that while it was implied in the movie that Spears definitely executed the German prisoners the book left that more open as a question. Hope that little thing helps.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you've got a lot of sleepless nights ahead of you. The ability to go for a week on 0-2 hours of sleep a night while still getting decent grades is the most valuable skill you can take with you to college.

Well, maybe organization and willpower should fit in there. But that's open for debate.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

You guys are right...

To atone for my shameful actions, I intend to finish the book tonight, regardless of how long it takes.

I foresee much caffeine in my future...

SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
Get some aderol(sp?) from a friend, and take a stacker2. You will have enough energy to lift a car. Or, a caffine pill and a sudiffed(sp?). It is decent.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Read faster. Pay more attention. Budget your time more wisely.

*grin*

I don't advise taking drugs (legal or otherwise). There's always the chance the substance will do the opposite to you (that happened to me--I slept through an all-nighter--sigh).

Deep breathing.

Frequent breaks to stretch your legs.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes that has happened to me as well. The aderol seems to lock your alertness from the time it cicks in. Of you are tired when you take it, the you will be tired unitl it wears off, even with sleep. However, I don't advise the first combo, for right now, I feel like my heart is going to explode. My mistake that will not be repeated. (I have to read Native Son)
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.