FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Doing the potty dance

Author Topic: Doing the potty dance
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My son is wearing underwear.

Yes, that means he is NOT wearing diapers.

There is no way I can express to you how happy I am. See, Natalie was the child that took the longest to train, she was just over 4 when she was finally potty trained. Emily was born when Natalie was four and a half. The twins were born three years ago when Emily was 2 and a half and still in diapers.

Folks, except for a short gap of 4-5 months between Natalie getting trained and Emily being born, I have been changing diapers for over 11 years

[Party]

I cannot believe it's finally over.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

I've got you beat... I had children in diapers from 1981 through 1994.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I am in awe.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Shoot, my Grandma has y'all beat. She's still in diapers. [Smile]

[ March 16, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] [The Wave]
[Party] [Party] [Party] [Party]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo!

Maybe you should get a new puppy now - just to help with those withdrawl symptoms.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] maui babe!

[Grumble] diaper free jatraqueros

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle, that is great news!!!! (and congratulations are, of course, in order for Daniel)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for you!
[Party] [Party] [The Wave] [Party] [Party]
LOL, I just realized I have TWO diaper Genies in my garage. We don't need them anymore, and my brother-in-law and his wife already have one (they only have one baby, and she was premature and had some health problems, so they will most likely wait a while before having another, IF they have another).

So... Anybody want a diaper genie? They both still work.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Belle, that's great! *applauds for Daniel*

maui babe [Wave] Long time no post!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a diaper genie?

*changed diapers many times, never encountered one of these*

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a glorified diaper pail. I would request it myself, but I don't know when I will next be in Georgia. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
How much would it be to ship it? It might be worth it.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, it's still going so well, he didn't even want to put on a diaper for bed, but I convinced him because daytime training does not equal nighttime training at first.

I've never thought I was all that good at the potty training thing. Natalie took forever - I was getting very concerned, but my doctor assured me it was nothing to worry about. And, it wasn't, she did finally get trained.

Emily was almost trained when the twins were born, then she reverted and took almost another year to get fully trained.

Abigail was the easiest, she was trained at 2 and a half. Daniel has been a frustrating process though, he just didn't care. At least I could motivate the girls with buying them pretty new underwear, and appealing to their vanity - Daniel just plain didn't care.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to getting Rayne out of diapers. Though I can't claim anything like 11 years of changing diapers. Christian was just over 4 when he finally potty trained, and that was with me bullying him ala Toilet Training in Less Than a Day. And Rainbow is just shy of 2 now. I think she'll be easier than her brother was. (Famous last words.)
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm changing diapers on two, and I NEED the diaper genie. They stink so much less. I have to put the diapers outside immediately because my house is so small, there's nowhere to hide them.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Belle! I can't imagine what a life change this is. Although I've done my share of changing (on the spectrum of non-stinky breast poop to oh-good-grief-what-happened), I don't do it day in, day out.

You should treat yourself to a manicure or something. [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.