FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Refusing C-section = Murder? Salt Lake City...

Author Topic: Refusing C-section = Murder? Salt Lake City...
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
from wire report:

quote:
A woman accused of murder because she allegedly refused a Caesarean section that could have saved her unborn twin denied the charge Friday, rejecting claims that she avoided the surgery because she feared scarring.

"It was all medical concern. None of it was vanity, " Melissa Ann Rowland told the Associated Press a day after prosecutors charged her with exhibiting "depraved indifference to human life" in avoiding the C-section. One nurse told police Rowland said she would rather "lose one of the babies than be cut like that."

Rowland said her other two young children, ages 7 and 9, both were delivered by C-section.

Um...she's had two children via C-section already? It seems like she'd be a prime candidate for yet a 3rd C-section anyway. Surely she would've known that before even getting pregnant, let alone in the time leading up to the birth.

This whole thing sounds weird.

Is it possible that she was in so much pain from labor (I assume the other twin was delivered vaginally) that she could have said that and not really meant it?

I can't believe they're charging her with anything.

Weird.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Been there, done that
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
You have broadband, don't you, HRE?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
I have DSL...why do you ask?
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn...

Sorry.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.