FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random, Clean Linkage

Author Topic: Random, Clean Linkage
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I pulled these from AlbinoBlackSheep.com (what high schoolers do with their spare time!)

The latest updates have some of the coolest stuff I've seen lately.

Cat Dance And I dance, dance, dance!

Ddautta My jaw hits the floor with this one. I hope you have a decent machine. I wish I understood Japanese, but the images tell the story.

Oh, and my girlfriend is hot.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello PC. Please don't say something is Japanese unless you have a fairly decent idea that it is. The text at the beginning and end are Korean. I don't know but I'm pretty sure the song is also in Korean.

But thanks, nice link. And I couldn't get the cat dance to work..

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Girl's not bad.

Why is she hugging that dork? Must be her retarded brother or something.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you said the links were clean. The first two came up "Mature content."

*sigh* I love working at a university.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

esl, oh well. I'll live.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Man.

You know something is wrong with the world when you can't get a rise out of PC.

Are you really that bummed lately?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

What am I supposed to say? I had a feeling it was something other than Japanese? I can't prove that and it sounds like back tracking. I have a feeling esl will get all in a huff about how culturally naive I am or some crap. It's not worth the fight.

Besides, he's derailing my thread on the second post. I think he just needs to watch the Cat dance a bit more and enjoy some insanity for a while.

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

No, actually I was hoping for some ill tempered but funny comeback to my calling you her retarded brother.

It wasn't until afterward that I remembered you posting something about being bummed lately.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
PC, she's a real cutie. [Smile] How ya doing tonight?

Slash, how's it hanging?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Things are better with my roommates, though. I can't remember if I brought it to hatrack's attention (because I rarely do) but I've been having problems with my roommates.

See, one of them is currently dating (and discussing marriage) an ex-girlfriend of mine. She and I did not break up well and she holds me in a poor light. She spends a lot of time manipulating his opinion of me and getting between our friendship. He and I were good buddies for a while. We'd game and talk computers a lot, so it seemed cool to become roommates. He gradually grew to hate me, however, and takes every opportunity to cut me down.

See, my favoured sense of humor involves complete exaggeration of situations. I suppose it's kind of hard to explain how that works, but it usually entails a lot of pop culture references and is generally funny for those in the know (my sister being a very good example.)

So anyways, my roommate can appreciate this type of humor. I've seen him laugh at jokes of a similar nature, and he's been around the block more times than me. A joke told by my other roommate will have him in stitches, but the same joke told by me will have him explaining just how stupid my assumptions are. I've called him on this several times, and, while he used to apologize and change his ways for a time, lately, he's been argumentative about it. He just doesn't seem to see that he hates me because of his girlfriend's opinion of me.

My other roommate will leave the door open, and he'll yell at me about it. He'll tell me how incredibly stupid I am for forgetting my keys, and won't just let me in the door without comment. It's a constant stream of cutting me down. Half of the time I'm just stunned to silence because I cannot believe anyone could be so freaking mean all the time to one person, and treat everyone else nicely.

Well, tonight was a good night. The three of us went to our favourite bar and had a few rounds. We talked religion, politics and just generally shot the proverbial, uh, *stuff*. It was a good time. I have liquor in me and I'm in an okay mood.

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

CT:

Left, today.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Also, I should mention these strong feelings of abandonment I've been experiencing.

Both of my roommates are leaving. While I see it best that the one I'm having problems with and I part ways, it doesn't make me feel any better that he's leaving because he dislikes me. On hatrack I don't care if people hate me, but in real life, I can't stand not being liked. I feel like something is deeply wrong with me if you don't want to be my friend and spend time with me.

The other roommate and I have been close friends for a couple of years. We immediately bonded because of our similar natures and the fact that we're both musicians. We've recorded some music together and have just become good buddies.

Well, he met this girl in the early fall and has become deeply in love with her. He's currently saving up for an engagement ring and is planning on moving out.

He's been working with autistic children at a place pretty far west of here. His girlfriend lives out near there and he does odd jobs for her father's construction company for extra cash. So, he pretty much spends all of his time out there and rarely sleeps here. The past 3 or 4 weeks, he's slept maybe 3 or 4 times in his room at our place. Not having him at his computer, playing Fallout or watching the latest homestar is a real shock to my system. I got used to it and I got used to him being around and it really sucks to have him go.

In April he's moving out, and I seriously doubt if I'll see him much after that. I don't have a car right now and he's super busy as it is. He's found some people that will take both his and my other roommate's place. They're cool guys, but much, much younger than me. I'm sure to get along with them, but we won't have that long-standing relationship to go on.

I just feel like the good days are passing me by. I really need to get more active in my church. I'm really too old for the campus crusade crowd I hang out with now.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Glynn, I'm glad to hear that the night is going fairly well. I'm sorry about your roommates -- I never really found a great roommate situation until my husband.

Slash, [Smile] .

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

PC, this period of time in your life is a natural time of transitions. It sucks, and nothing will change that, but remember that it isn't just that people want to leave you. Higher education, looking for jobs, marrying off -- it would be weird if you and your friends weren't getting a bit spread out, both geographically and metaphorically. But soon enough that will change, and your life will get into a rhythm again.

I've been very glad to see you posting more here. I've missed you. [Smile] When I doodle, I remember your story of the "primal curve."

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Hey Slash, my boy kitty marked me today. I think I am irresistable to men of all species. *preen
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I only derailed to get it over with since it'd happen eventually. In my defense I was trying to get back on topic at the end of my post. I apologize for derailing - I like to be precise about languages. And I'm a she, not he.

I'm glad to know this was a good night. Happy day.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*comes in to mention the Korean/Japanese distinction*

*sees it's already been made*

*leaves*

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

You have to admit, the song has a decidedly J-Pop flavour.
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
The next LotR sequel.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Girl's not bad.
thanks [Wink]
Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tempted to make a dobie "Random, Lean Cleavage" but I won't.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
This is definitely the best part of the site:

Tales of the L33T: Romeo and Juliet

Best seen while covering Romeo and Juliet in 9th grade English.

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Lalo: the fact that your linked film referenced and USED the Nimoy "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" just made my night.

"All we have to do is wait for Leonard Nimoy and a bunch of Hippy Chicks to come and save the day."

Brilliant.

[ March 13, 2004, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.