FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just got in a fight with one of my students, nearly.

Author Topic: I just got in a fight with one of my students, nearly.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Another fun day with urban kids. A student who just came back to school after about 3 months of suspension told me to F off about 30 times and slammed a locker in my face. I'm not sure if he would of hit me but he sure was close. All of this because I asked him to stay after class for 2 minutes with about 10 other students who were talking during our anouncements. Apparently he has anger problems but man, I would never have attacked a teacher in the way he was threatening to. It really depresses me the attitudes that many students feel are acceptable in schools today. His reaction was extreme but very typical of many of the students I have. Fourtunately another teacher, who knows the student much better, and I were able to calm him down and deal with the situation between the three of us. If he had gone to the office I probably would never have seen him again. Somedays this job is both thrilling and deeply depresing at the same time.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it help that I can promise you that there are many in my generation who are not like that? That there are many of us that appreciate and respect teachers, and have an unsatiable lust for knowledge?

I know the type of kid you're talking about...I almost got into a fight with one last week. I sincerely hope the situation improves.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we kids can be preeeeetty stupid.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
((((beatnix)))

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
If he had gone to the office I probably would never have seen him again.

Maybe the place would be better off without him.

I know that sounds cold, and it is. But the other kids deserve a good education free of violence. If he can't behave himself in a normal society, maybe it is time to cast him out.

This is what he does (after being gone for three months) to show that he values an education?

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.