FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Where are the singing males?

Author Topic: Where are the singing males?
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
My school vocal ensemble entered in the Metro Competition this weekend. For almost all of us it was our first time singing for a grade, but despite the nerves we emerged with a 1- out of 5!!!!!!! We won our catagory too!

The downside of that last sentence was that we were the only "mixed ensemble". There were other women's ensembles, but apparently guys don't sing here.

Nevertheless, its an egobooster. You can never really be sure that your friens aren't just *telling* you that you can sing. The judges, them you can for the most part trust.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year my buddy's wife was called upon to lead our church congregation's choir. She and my buddy used to be big-time Mormon Youth Choir members, and they've even been recorded on a few CD's.

Anyway, my buddy started dropping hints that I needed to support the choir. Then he and my wife ganged up on me, so I started attending choir practice. I learned to sing the bass part after years of trying to squeek out the melodies of the church hymns. Then they made me bass section leader, so I had to recruit other men to help me sing.

And finally last week the lady's Enrichment Night coordinator called and asked my wife and me to sing in a quartet with my buddy and his wife for all the church ladies. So he's a big-time tenor from a real choir, and she's an equally talented alto, and they're asking little ole me to sing with them. I asked my wife to tell them no, but she told them yes. Then my wife chickens out and says that she'll need someone to sing soprano with her. So they find this brilliant soprano lady to sing with my wife, and it's just lowly little ole me singing bass.

Well, our musical number went okay, but now that I've sung in a quartet, you can be sure they'll call on me to sing a solo from the pulpit soon.

So all you singing males out there, learn from my mistake and keep yourselves well-hidden.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I am part of my ward chior, and if I have any singing talent, I've managed to keep it hiddden quite well. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.