FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's official! I'm culturally illiterate

Author Topic: It's official! I'm culturally illiterate
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You know those popups that say "Which one is Nemo" win the opportunity to give your credit card to a bunch of losers...

Well, I just saw one that I didn't know the answer for. It was "Which one is Paris Hilton" All the pictures looked basically similar. maybe that was the trick, they gave up giving you different faces to choose from.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Paris who? [Dont Know]

[Cool]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. As a young male, I'm required by law to know who she is, as well as going to great lengths to see said famed video. But to me, not knowing who she is is unthinkable.

Confidentially, though, I don't think she's actually all that pretty.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

- posted      Profile for gwan   Email gwan         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I didn't know who she was... [Cry]
Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I always thought Paris Hilton was a hotel. [Dont Know]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

her parents own the hilton hotel chain... or some such thing.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously you didn't see that short-lived TV show "Simple Life" in which she tries, not very well, to endear herself to country life...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to know what the Lowest Common Denominator is, just look her up.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

yes a farmgirl in 5inche stilleto heals, and designer clothing..... [No No]
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of her, but I didn't see the TV show, and I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a crowd. I don't know what she looks like, except that I think she's blonde.

Personally, I think it's a good thing I don't know.

I would recognize the name, however, if not just because of all the times it's mentioned in the subject line of the emails that are shunted to my Junk Mail folder. [Wink]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought it was the Hilton in Paris... like maybe it was a particularly famous one or something...

You're right, I hardly ever watch TV...

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
She's a rather attractive -- and very financially fortunate -- woman of questionable virtue, which makes her popular with people who take pictures for magazines.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

tom has a good summary, although I would argue she has a stricken resemblence to a horse.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, I thought that was already determined.

Anyway, I agree. She looks like a horse, and has no talent whatsoever. As one of my favorite deejays put it, "She's only famous because she is."

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch enough TV to know who she is, but I sure have been getting a lot of spam with her name in it! Confused me.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I think she's freaky-looking, and her tan is weird because it blends her hair and eyes and lips into her skin. She looks completely blank, which I'm guessing is an accurate depiction.

(I had to go back and make sure I spelled everything correctly on the first try, before bashing this girl's mental prowess or lack thereof.)

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure I can tell you exactly what she looks like, in detail, in graphic detail. I've seen lots of detailed pictures of her all over the net.

Could I pick out her face?

Umm.

She has a face?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
::snort::
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I went through a brief phase of watching The Simpsons a few times, and managed to see some previews for the simple life. But I was generally washing dishes, and didn't necessarily look at the TV. Is that the only reason? Was I watching Seinfeld? Suddenly I can't remember.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I know of a single Hilton (outside of NY) owned by the Hilton family. They own the name and the rights to use the name. Most Hilton hotels are owned by local businesses. The company I work for (Marcus) owns the Hilton Milwaukee City Center and several other hotels in the downtown area. They also own two chains of hotels all their own (Baymont and Woodfeild Suites).
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

You mean they didn't build the Hanoi Hilton? [Dont Know]
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the Hiltons actually had an oil fortune?

[ March 09, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Anthro ]

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, pooka, you're not alone... I've never heard of her.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
not worth knowing. as single and unattached as I am I wouldn't touch her with a stolen "piece".(I'll leave it as such to be polite, not to her that is.)
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.