FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Freaks and Geeks to be released on DVD

Author Topic: Freaks and Geeks to be released on DVD
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001EQHXO/ref=amb_cob_dh_68563/002-7811103-1515216

I remember being enamored with the one-season series, though I can't remember why. I'm definitely going to rent this puppy.

Anyone remember why we loved it?

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't follow it regularly, but what I did see I really liked. But even at the time, I'm not sure I could have told you why I liked it so much.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. by title alone I can understand why Lalo enjoyed it...

j/k
Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
The writing was fantastic. The setting was early 80s nostalgia. The characters were great because they were complex -- sometimes the geeks were 'less' geeky and had minor triumphs and sometimes the freaks could be human and nice. And the teenage actors were all pretty good -- able to handle both comedy and drama.

Plus, while there was some high school whiney-ness, the show wasn't dripping with My So Called Life-type angst.

The combination of writing and directing and acting led to a series that had depth and true warmth and yet at the same time it was hilarious and witty.

It definitely ranks in my top 10 favorites of all time.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Freaks and Geeks, Get Real, and Undeclared were three series of which I was extremely upset that were canceled.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Plus, while there was some high school whiney-ness, the show wasn't dripping with My So Called Life-type angst.
*laughs* I loved that show. Go go Brian go!
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.