FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I love it here, I could never leave

Author Topic: I love it here, I could never leave
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only quarter to 11 and I'm all Hatracked out. I don't feel like arguing. I think "if you don't like what there is, be the change you wish to see." But I have nothing better to say. I've been putting off posting this thread for an hour, thinking maybe I'll come up with something to contribute. But... nope.

P.S. Maybe it was that dream about Orlando Bloom. You all can't be offended by me saying Hatrackin' seems flat and empty after that.

[ March 08, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Could be that you're just in the first stages of going to ground. Most of us that stick around hatrack for years on end, with the exceptions of Tom and Bob Scopatz (and probably others, but they aren't coming to mind) tend to do this.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, I don't know where you got that nickname, but I sometimes call my wife that. I tease her because she used to think that David Cassidy was hot, and he always wore that puka(pooka) shell necklace.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It's part of your own Hatrack cycle. Don't worry about it - just post as much as you feel like, and then, take a step back until you want to post again. Hatrack will still be here.

Added:
quote:
Maybe it was that dream about Orlando Bloom. You all can't be offended by me saying Hatrackin' seems flat and empty after that.
Crumb, stay around at least a little bit, though. I love the press releases from pooktopia.

[ March 08, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, it's normal. Like others have said, it's just a sign you need a break. Sometimes it's good to drop Hatrack for a while, and make sure you are living in the Real World. Hatrack won't fall apart without you, and it will indeed be here when you decide to come back and visit.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I recommend hanging out in the fluff threads until this feeling passes.

It'll boost your post count too.

(((pooka)))

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at Bob's comment, and then his post count makes me giggle.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka,

I have been feeling that way a lot around here lately. Do what you gotta do, but I recommend the fluff threads. Or maybe you just need to spend your time focusing on staying alive in Mafia [Smile]

((((Hottie))))

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Happens to me all the time.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

kat: post #2, my dream

Wow, I thought you all were going to flame me. This is such a great place. And you notice I only stayed away for 90 minutes [Big Grin]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Looking at Bob's comment, and then his post count makes me giggle.
Why?
[Razz]

Pooka...a whole 90 minutes!!! [Angst]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
The only real fun of lurking here is when people notice you're gone. Otherwise you might as well just post in the fluff threads for a while.

Welcome to the Hotel California.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

An afr sighting! Seriously, you were around a lot when I was new.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

[Razz]

Glad you noticed. I swore off posting at Hatrack for several months last summer, but that was the best I could do. I might have stayed away longer if someone had said, "Hey, where's afr?" [Big Grin]

I agree that sometimes there just doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on no matter how many times I refresh. Or every thread I post on dies. Or I put my heart and soul into a post and might as well have written it to my dead great-grandma for all the effect it has (I'm sure this happens to everyone). Those are the times that I start re-re-reconsidering my participation here.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
These are the points where I advise everyone to do as I do and not write anything that could even remotely be considered serious. That way it doesn't matter if people notice it, because you can always privately laugh at your own lame jokes.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
(((pooka)))
(((afr)))

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Yeah, I've done that, too. And if Hatrack were my only social involvement, I'd be one sad customer.

Hey now, don't shed any tears for me. I'm just being melodramatic. It's not that bad. [Smile]

[ March 08, 2004, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
pooka, you never have to. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

quote:
And if Hatrack were my only social involvement, I'd be one sad customer.

[Cry]
Just kidding.

Well, I'd hug and thank everyone, but I'm afraid that's how hug threads get started.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.