FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arrested Development

Author Topic: Arrested Development
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I just don't get it. I can't be the only one here who's obsessed with this show.

The actors and directors are awesome. I never thought such talent could be showcased in a sitcom.

My favorite part, though, is the writing. It has an on-going story, and yet you're not lost if you miss a week. The characters are ridiculous, but for some reason you can connect with each and every one of them.

I hope they don't wait 'til it's cancelled to release a season or two on DVD.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
They put David Cross on network television. That's balls right there.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it today, and I decided to make it a routine thing to watch it. I've seen it a few times, but today it was really good.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get to see "Arrested Development" all the time, but I agree that it is a funny, good show. I especially love that Ron Howard does the narration.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I love this show.

The mom always has at least one totally un-pc, 'I'm rich and clueless' line per episode that makes me laugh out loud.

Also: I admit that I didn't figure this out, but once I read about it, it became even funnier --- the promos for next week's show are always fakes. And finding that out only made them funnier.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm I do not like that show. *creeps out*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved all the jokes about the little Korean boy, especially how they thought "hello" was his name.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

I think syn is prejudiced against Nearly Nudes.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Never-nudes, not nearly-nudes. And I think she's just going through denial. [Wink]
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

D'oh! I knew that didn't sound right. I tried to find a site that had dialogue from the episodes, but came up empty.

There's some great material that I'd love to throw down, but am afraid that I'll get it totally wrong [Exhibit A above] if I do it from memory.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Arrested Development is a great show.

That is all [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.