FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cards... what are they good for... absolutely NOTHING.

Author Topic: Cards... what are they good for... absolutely NOTHING.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
seemed like an obvious dobie, but I've no interest in embellishing.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*vehemently disagrees with the thread title*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*disagrees too. Solitaire is alot of fun* [Big Grin]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
agrees w/ disagreeing. please take the Cards part out or put something in front like Christmas or Birthday or something...anything
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
This is just asking for Kristine to frown at us.

I don't think I could take that.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Pinochle!!!

(good enough? more titleishness?)

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

really wish I new how to change the title. umpteen clever doozies of plays on various words.
fallow
Member # 6268

I'll bid "35".
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
You can change the title when you edit your initial post (click on the little pen and paper icon above the post).

Great minds... [Smile]

[ March 08, 2004, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could do "Cars" and link to the lemon laws state-by-state.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Hatrack, books, raising good children, generally being nice people.... you are incorrect.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

better title?

I'd hate to use "lemon" in this context.

fallow
Member # 6268

Danzig,

What was I incorrect about?

fallow

PS "38"

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
See, now you made Dog cry.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, basically the title.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I recommend "Cards...what are they good for...cerebral RUSHING." but that's just me.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Pinochle anyone?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
fallow...

Sheesh!

Maybe this will help...think of this as a giant living room where you've been invited in by your hosts...the "Cards."

I know they have fine senses of humor but still...

Also...Dobies should be done well or not at all. We get so many of them that are just unfunny, you know? But at least TRY...you need a link in there that goes to a picture or an odd-ball website that somehow makes people laugh at the juxtaposition of your thread title and the one you are lampooning.

I don't want to get all rule-bound here, but if you want to be funny, you have to put in a little bit more effort. Sheesh!

It would've actually been funny to leave that thread title and then link to something about playing cards. Something! Throw us a bone!!!

[Smile]

Anyway, you can edit your first post and change the title. You click on the "edit post" icon (the icon looks like a piece of paper just above your post. You did understand that, right? I just wonder why you've talked about doing it but haven't actually done it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of one about poets:

Bards...what are they good for...absolutely NOTHING

And then you link to something about poets having to survive on charity because nobody is buying poetry anymore.

Oh well...not very funny either.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
An example of a funny dobie. And shameless self-promotion.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, aaah, Dobies - what are they good for? Absolutely NOTHING!
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Barbs...what are they good for... absolutely NOTHING
*giggle*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, imogen, that one will go down in history. I'm still chuckling every now and then. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it was good Dobie.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.