FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Minidisc help

Author Topic: Minidisc help
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am technologically retarded and do not really know how to record songs from computer to minidisc. I have it plugged into the headphone jack on my speakers, but everytime I try to get it to record it flashes TrProtect and doesn nothing. This disc has stuff already on it. The discplayer is second hand. Any suggestions?

I went to a website that showed me how to erase a track- it still flashes TrPROTECT.

[ March 04, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
What brand-model do you have? I'll check the thread tomorrow, unless someone gets to it before me, midterm tomorrow, must go to bed....sigh. Crazy midterms.
Satyagraha

[ March 04, 2004, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Sony Walkman kind, I guess. I looked online and it said that TrPROTECT means I can't edit it.... Does this mean I just have to throw all these out?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there perhaps a copy-protect switch on the disc you to physically un-switch?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to me that it wouldn't record if there was data already on the disc... Unless it's a RW disk.. [Dont Know]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought all MDs were RW...
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
All blank minidiscs you can buy are RW. I'm not sure if ones that you buy prerecorded (I've never seen one, but heard they exist) are. There should be, as Taalcon said, a switch on the edge of the disk to protect the disk from being over-written. Try flicking that and recording.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Well, now it flashes PROTECTED instead of TrPROTECT.
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe TrProtect is short for Track Protected? Is the disk full? If not, maybe you can try recording after it. This is just a guess, but try flipping the copy-protect swtich back so that you see the TrProtect message and then press EndSearch before recording.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.