FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hobbit Coming to a Theater Near You 12/19/06!!

Author Topic: The Hobbit Coming to a Theater Near You 12/19/06!!
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
See the trailer here.
Yeah, got your hopes up, huh? I'm cruel.

[ March 01, 2004, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]
I wish he'd do the hobbit instead of King Kong. I'm not trying to see a movie about a large ape...
I want dragons!
Swords!
Trolls!
Horses!
Hobbits!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the monkey thing either, I mean why stop now? After winning 11 Oscars last night for RotK (which btw, ties Titanic and Ben Hur), why wouldn't he do the Hobbit right away?

This guy (the link) has the right idea.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The Hobbit is so much more suited to being a movie than LotR. I really wish they'd do it already. You thought the Balrog was cool? Wait until Smaug lands on Laketown!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAH! Now that is what I want to see!
But there are also giant spiders in there... [Cry]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Why stop now? Because he can't make it. There are legal problems with the distribution rights currently.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know after spending seven years on that mammoth project, he probably just wants to take a brake from it for a while. (and the legal thing mrhnmrmrhmn...)
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoever made that "trailer" should be ashamed of themselves for wasting all that time to make something that doesn't even look like a real trailer.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, no one considers the fact that it's entirely possible that he's just really really sick of Tolkien by now. Ehehe;
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Give the guy a break, let him make his monkey movie.

The legal problems will be worked out. There is a billion dollars riding on this. Money solves this kind of problem very quickly.

I also am looking forward to Smaug.

But would they be able to get the same actors? Orlando Bloom could take up the roll of Legolas again. Same with Hugo Weaving as Elrond. Sir Ian as Gandalf. Need alot more dwarves though. They can probably just do a dummy up of Hobbiton, since in the story they really are not there for very long and Pete will cut out the end of the story when Bilbo gets home and finds the Sacksville-Baggins selling all his stuff. They would have to rebuild Rivendell but other than that things should be pretty easy.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
But would Ian Holm want to have his face taped back for so long?

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was incredible! I wish it was real...

I read somewhere that Peter Jackson and Ian McKellan really want to do The Hobbit, and that they're concentrating on trying to obtain the rights. I'm not sure if we should pray he gets them, or if we should pray that he doesn't.... [Evil]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.