FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arrrrrrrrggggghhhh, Pirate threads last longer!!!

Author Topic: Arrrrrrrrggggghhhh, Pirate threads last longer!!!
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan suggested that mentioning pirates will make your threads last longer, so here goes...

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering will down his pants. The bar keep takes a look at him and asks, "Isn't that uncomfortable?" "Arrrgghhh!" the pirate replies, "It's drivin' me nuts!!"

What makes this joke even more funny is that I told it to my four year old who is acquainted enough with Peter Pan to understand pirates because I knew that despite getting the joke, he'd think my voice sounded funny telling it. Now he walks around saying "Arrghhh, It's driving me nuts!" all the time.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to snub this thread, and I've heard that joke before, but the image of a 4 year old going around repeating the punch line... [ROFL]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles* My friend told me that one once, it about killed me.

Well, if we're on Pirates, we could just talk about Johnny Depp some more... [Big Grin] *looks innocent*

Or, um, not.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe you had the nerve to put "Johnny Depp" and "Looks Innocent" in the same post.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
GAY pirates. That will make this thread last for fricking EVER.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't believe you had the nerve to put "Johnny Depp" and "Looks Innocent" in the same post.
I'm just gutsy. [Big Grin]

Or, um, I didn't notice... but you've got a point there, Dan_raven! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

[Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh]

quote:
GAY pirates.
Seriously funny!

My brother used to sing the pirates life song from Disney's Peter Pan as "It's in your rear, with a bucaneer" instead of "give me a career as a bucaneer"

[ March 01, 2004, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: peterh ]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
GAY pirates. That will make this thread last for fricking EVER.
Nah, then it'd spawn umpteen indistinguishable copies of the thread, all repeating the same arguments. (And who ever said gays don't reproduce?)

Now if it were OSC talking about gay pirates, that'd be another story entirely.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Nice member number, dude.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of all the islands to hang around with, you do notice that the Pirate Captain with a penchant for replacing body parts with unnatural synthetic bits picks an Island of Lost Boys in which to spend his time.

OMG!!! Micheal Jackson is Captain Hook!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Oooh, look at this thread go! Just posting in it makes me feel cooler! [Wink] (((Anthro)))
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

He does live in Neverland, Dan... [Eek!]
Captain Jack Sparrow
Member # 5440

- posted      Profile for Captain Jack Sparrow   Email Captain Jack Sparrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Eunuch Pirates?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I think member numbers have gotten out of hand. Now it's like comparing male-anatomies.

Oh...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I think you mean French Pirates, Captain Jack [Wink]
pooka
Member # 5003

Member numbers. Great. Now that's going to get stuck in my head.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, size and stamina. Pirate threads sound like they must be quite popular with the ladies.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH!!!

Saxon's Member number is bigger than mine!

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am in here after all, but I don't know if I qualify as a lady............ [Big Grin]
Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

quote:
Wow. Nice member number, dude.
Funny how that's the only thing that gets me any attention around here... [Wink]

ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Cause it's so... so... small.

How can you not notice that, even hidden in the depths of a pirate thread?

scottneb
Member # 676

Well, I'd apreciate it if you would put it away so we all don't have to stare at it all the time. It makes me feel insecure.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
At our most recent school play, there was one - count 'em, one - pirate. The audience more than made up for this lack, yelling YARR pretty much whenever they felt like it. One particularly enthusiastic uh, gentleman, got going before the play even started yelling "Gimmie a YAR!" "YARR!" "Gimme another YAR!" "YAAAR" Gimme another YAR!" "YAAR!" "What's that spell?" "YAAAAARRRR!!"

I think it was a joke from last year's show. But it was freaking hilarious nonetheless. Plays which encourage the peanut gallery can be quite amusing.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

And anyone who can do this has my respect.

[Hail]

scottneb
Member # 676

whew! I totally thought I was going to see a member number or something. You have my repect for keeping it in holding.
Mike
Member # 55

quote:
Well, I'd apreciate it if you would put it away so we all don't have to stare at it all the time. It makes me feel insecure.
<drag queen voice>
Well, I can't help it if I'm beautiful, honey...
</drag queen voice>

Oh, wait.

Mike
Member # 55

Oh, and ARRRRRRR!
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
But....

Why is the rum gone?!

[Angst]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Wow, that feels good!

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Best. Gay. Pirates. Link.... EVAR...

Warning, long load time and not for the faint of heart!

Pirate Kissage!!!! XD

[ March 01, 2004, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.