FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » doctor's advice

Author Topic: doctor's advice
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
my leg feels weird. not so much as numb, just that it feels like it's not getting enough blood
what could that mean? [Eek!]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You've been sitting in front of the computer too long. But I'm not a doctor.

P.S. If you go for a walk and it feels worse, worry. If it feels better, I'll bill you [Wink]

[ February 26, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
that could be it... but i get it even when i'm going to bed...
but it could be caused by sitting in the same place and not horrible impending diabetes.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently at home in bed, violently emitting fluids from multiple holes, and have to steady myself on a wall to walk. All my extremities are bitter, teeth-chatteringly cold -- except for my stomach, which is apparently where all my body heat has gone. Should I continue to post on Hatrack?

[ February 26, 2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh I'm sorry you are sick Tom!

Syn I have no idea.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, just install a splater shield to save your monitor.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, I had something like that a few years ago, and it turned out that the ilio-tibular band in my right leg was a little bit too tight. Now, you don't say where in your leg you're feeling this sensation, but it could easily be something like that. It could also be a pinched sciatic nerve.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
If your underwear&shirt&pants are too tight or bunch up too tight on your hips (even across the top of the hips) or where your legs bend meeting your hips, you can be slowing down the blood flow to your legs, thereby causing them to feel weak&numb from lack of oxygen.
And no, I am not a doctor. Just relating personal experience.

[ February 27, 2004, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Feeling better, Synesthesia?
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I'm mostly worried about diabetes as i seem to have many of the symptoms @_@
including the leg feeling weird thing.

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, if you're concerned, go to the doctor ASAP. Call and tell them your concerns, you may not even need a doctor's appt, they could just have you come in the lab and start the process. CT and Theca can tell you what all they do, I know they can do a fasting glucose and such.

The sooner diabetes is treated, the better for you. If it's not diabetes, then you can quit worrying about it and take away the stress of that concern, so it's a win/win for you either way. I think sometimes we are afraid that if we go to the doctor for a concern and it turns out to not be true, we've wasted someone's time or made them mad. I'm sure that our docs here will tell you, they would much rather the patient come in and it be negative, than for them to sit at home and have a situation get worse.

Go! Call today! Please. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.