FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How Noah ALMOST broke his LotR streak.

Author Topic: How Noah ALMOST broke his LotR streak.
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen a LotR film on the big screen.

I rented the first one, and didn't even get to watch it all the way. The disc was scratched near the end and I had to re-rent another.

I saw the second one while..."influenced" in a hotel room with my two cousins.

I escaped seeing the third one during WenchCon.

But recently my mom wanted to see the third one, and I agreed to go with her. And we were gonna see it on a HUGE screen. This theatre is a one screen theatre, because it's so gigantic. It has a balcony level. They always show the major action packed hit movies at this theatre.

But the day we were going to see it, my mom wound up not being able to go.

Yay!!!

*Waits for RotK to come out on DVD*

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
* high-fives Noah *

I saw the first one at my program house in the lounge (on an admittedly large TV, 65") a few months after it came out.

I saw the second one on my computer (on an admittedly large lcd, 20" widescreen) a few months after TT came out. And, I skipped most of the fight scenes.

I haven't seen the third one (three? right?) yet. I think I just have a thing against paying money for movies I'm only moderately interested in.

(ducks) *realizes she owns weapons* (arms herself against the hordes)

[ February 20, 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Suneun ]

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh... and I thought I was good only having seen it once in the theater. You are a fellowship unto yourself, a tower of strength, the king of restraint, but most of all, you are a lord of discipline.

[Hail]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do people confuse the word "horde" with "hoard?" They're completely different words, meaning completely different things. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, sorry. I was actually thinking horde, and was like, no, hoard.

(apologizes, then edits)

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a crappy poem in 8th grade and actually spelled hoard as whored. Whoops.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.