FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Uncle Orson reviews Oklahoma!

Author Topic: Uncle Orson reviews Oklahoma!
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everything/2004-02-01.shtml

I'm glad to see that I agree with him on this one. I know there were threads about this when it was showing on BYU TV, but it deserves another.

I wasn't as impressed with the gal that played Laurey...I guess just her singing voice. She sure was pretty though and she sure could dance! I think that's what was the most refreshing about this performance. The movie version (the old one with Shirley Jones) always bored me to tears because right in the middle, we were yanked from the characters that we had gotten attached to and thrust into a very LONG ballet sequence filled with a bunch of people we'd never seen before dressed UP like the characters we'd gotten attached to.

Watching the London version was the first time I realized that she was having a dream and THAT was the reason for the ballet sequence!! It was much more fun. [Smile]

And Hugh Jackman is ridiculously good-looking.

[Big Grin]

[ February 12, 2004, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oohh men who can actually sing well go up at the top of my list. I think Hugh Jackman will get bumped up a few notches!

I can't believe that OSC doesn't like the AFLAC Duck commercials. We wait with eager anticipation until they release the next commercial!

Also wasn't the one with the Ref being yelled at sponsored by the NFL, like the one with all of the players singing "Tomorrow, Tomorrow" which was also one of the best?!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the musical Oklahoma!

That makes so much more sense.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was wondering when he might get around to reviewing the other 49 states.

lol

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Yeesh, and why would he start with Oklahoma of all of the other 49?

(no offense to Oklahomans)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, he is also smitten with his older, very attractive, intelligent wife. What a guy.

And he's tall, like 6ft+ tall. Not that size really matters, but you know. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what he thinks of Arizona?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
It should be raised. [Wink]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking on behalf of all Oklahomans, I would like to say that there is a very good reason for him to review our state first. That way he’s got 49 other states to get the taste out of his mouth.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.