FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Won't you please help?

Author Topic: Won't you please help?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.armybakesale.com/index.html

quote:

In accordance with last year's Congressional ruling, the US military no longer receives its funding through tax payer dollars and must now generate all revenue through the sale of baked goods and refreshing beverages.

But don't worry, scaling back our weapons development and acquisition programs is not an option. In fact we've already ordered the weapons for this coming year. We know that we can trust all Americans to help us raise the necessary funds to meet this year's $425 billion budget.

Wouldn't it be great if the military had all the money it needed and schools had to hold a bake sale to buy a textbook?

Maybe some day that dream will be a reality, but for now, as you know, the Army has to hold a bake sale to buy a tank. But now, you can get delicious baked goods online, without the hassle of having to go to a U.S. military installation.

Thanks to ARMYBAKESALE.com, freedom-loving Americans everywhere can buy delicious baked goods to help fund the acquisition of the military hardware that our armed forces so desperately need. Remember, from F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Fighter Bombers to DDG-51 Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyers, every little bit helps. You can fight terrorism and hunger at the same time!

Choose from excting delicacies like these!
quote:

Parents know there's no better way to disperse a mob of hungry children than with the taste-tastic CC-151 Peanut Clusters. Each one delivers hundreds of high-yield flavor explosions. Available modification: CC-151A, Caramel Nut Clusters

quote:

You'll love the smell of Grapalm in the morning! Cut a wide swath through the hunger jungle with this classic jellied treat, back by popular demand!

Mmmmmmm. Remember, for only $50,000 dollars a day, you, too, can keep America strong!

[ February 01, 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Wow. You make an argument for pre-marital sex and suddenly your threads are left to die. [Cry]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's just the idea that people would pay for the doubtful privelege of eating military food...oh, wait, something's tapping on my shoulder.
It's my sense of humor! Hey, where've you been?....Oh, that's what's funny about it?...oh, right, then...

[Smile]

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Stormy - isn't the first rule of stand-up comedy to "know" your audience?

(Snigger)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
I find the recipe for the BG-76 Occu-pies very ammusing.
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
heehee Raytheon stove

And to think if I'd worked for them all I'd have had to worry about was pies.

*giggles*

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Mother of all Brownies- MOAB

quote:
Shock and awe your family and friends with the highly enriched sugar payload of the M.O.A.B. Stage a decapitation strike on hunger!

:chuckle:

[ February 02, 2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Hooray for me! I am making people laugh!

[The Wave]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.