FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pepsi, the official drink of Gladiators.

Author Topic: Pepsi, the official drink of Gladiators.
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it has happened, the great movie Gladiator has been ruined by Pepsi. Their is a new add out in which, Pink, and Beyonce Knowles *grin* and Britany Spears *barf* appear in chain mail, bronze, and leather Xena throback outfits, armed to the teeth, they go out into the Colloseum, and instead of seeing Brittany Spears killed, which would be nice, we have to watch them sing "We will rock you" now I wouldn't mind this add one bit if it weren't for Britney Spears, but c'est la vie.

Rhaegar

[ January 27, 2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to be nitpicky, but it's "c'est la vie."

(runs away)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ryuko.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
And its the Flavian Amphitheater [Wink]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, dear lord, I just saw that.

What on EARTH will that girl do next?! [Angst]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
C'est la geurre.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Peut-etre c'est la guerre, mais ce n'est pas le travail de Britney Spears d'etre dans le milieu.

(My French grammar is horrible, please please try not to be too harsh, if there are any French nazis out there reading this thread!)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Je suis confondu.

What does a Pepsi commercial have to do with the movie Gladiator? I mean, it's not like there was Pepsi in the movie, right? Though that might be funny: Russell Crow kills someone and then pops open a can of his favorite cola, making sure the name "Pepsi" is visible. Now that would ruin the movie.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the classics zeitgeist is back, with "Troy" and the Alexander the Great movie coming back. By the way, you also had "add" for "ad". FYI. I don't even know if movie titles should be in quotes or italics. If it is a movie about a book, is it quotes and italics?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Movies and books go in italics. Short stories, songs, poems, and other short things go in quotes.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
What's that got to do with French grammar???

sigh... Gotta watch tv more often. The Pepsi commercial sounds like the best thing that's been on for a few years. (Okay, I like the Lex Luthor&Dad show)

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
What really ruined it was that it got best picture despite the fact that Almost Famous was released the same year. [Mad]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another reason to like Coke...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
One needs no reason to prefer CocaCola beyond superior tastebuds.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but nobody's ever died from poprocks and Pepsi!

[Wink]

[ January 27, 2004, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, I think they've renamed that Oscar the Award for the Most Overrated Movie.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on people--

Pink, Beyonce Knowles and Britany Spears.

What will they do next?

French terms?

The answer is so obvious

Menage' A Trois

I am so ashamed at you all for not saying this earlier.

or at me for saying it now.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Coke > Pepsi.

[Smile]

--felix/j_k/ranak

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.