FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wenchcon Photos Days Three and Four

Author Topic: Wenchcon Photos Days Three and Four
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ta-da!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*whoop!!!*

--Katie

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
yay!!!!
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
That was great!

Thanks for bringing us with you.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, anyone interested in ever doing interpretive dance:

1) There are no videos to rent.
2) There are no decent web pages.
3) There are no books at your bookstore.
4) Remember to stretch.

::rubs sore muscles::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the interpretive dance! [Cry]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
My life is now complete.

Hot Nathan in orange tights. [Smile] I think I've found my new and forever present desktop.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Sucks i had to leave. apparently there was also wal-mart fun to be had.

sonuvabitch!

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Nathan should use the dance when he goes on his mission trip. If a young Morman showed up at my doorstep and performed an interpretive dance in orange tights in my home, I just might convert right then and there.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Where did Judie get that cool The enemy's gate is down t-shirt? I want one!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.philoticweb.net/shop.phtml
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
They are long out of print. And because Warner Brothers now has the rights to all Ender merchandise - well, we're not legally allowed to make any more. Sorry [Frown]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Like I didn't have enough of a crush on Olivet...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

[Blushing]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to say that the fact that Olivia's kids watch and enjoy MST3K lets me hope that maybe the next generation won't grow up to be all that bad afterall.

More parents should raise their kids on MST3K. It'll lead to a happier world.

--

Oh, and thanks again for the Caffeinated send-off. It did the trick! As did the Bacon and Eggs! Mmmmm.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

You are very welcome, dear fellow.

Got Katie off to the airport without a hitch. She was going straight to work. Poor duckie. We'll all be caught up on the sleep in a few days, and then I'll post some stuff I've been meaning to. Must be clear-headed. [Smile]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, no, you'll lose the urgency, it'll be too late.
Please, post your thoughts while they're fresh. Don't let little things like impaired judgment or second thoughts keep you from speaking your mind!

[ January 20, 2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't let little things like impaired judgment or second thoughts keep you from speaking your mind!

It's rarely stopped me from blathering on.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
When did I last report?

Sunday morning: Sleeping and fencing. I awoke too late for the fencing and too early for the sleeping, so I read my book in the lobby and wished for people to wake up to play.

We went to lunch at the Macaroni Grill - the same place that we were attempting to go to on Friday night for dinner. *grin* Macaroni Grill thoughtfully provided crayons, and it turns out lots of Hatrackers can draw. Not this one.

There, I wished for the thousandth time, which is still one fewer than needed to provoke action, that I had a laptop, not in the least because I need to create my Web site again. My own hard drive had crashed last year, and while I did cleverly back up everything the month before, those CDs were some how lost in my recent move. Zevlag sweetly offered to retrieve my data from my hard drive if I mail it to him. What a great idea!

To capitalize on my pain of missing data, Hobbes told us mathematician and engineering jokes, which I will use as currency to bribe some Dallas friends.

Hobbes, Zevlag, T_Smith, and I ran from lunch to go to church for an hour (Olivet driving). We made it too late for the beginning, but caught the rest. After, a lady came up to me, apologized for the non-spiritual conversation, and asked where I'd bought my handbag (yes, that one [Big Grin] ).

We made it back in time from church to witness the end of the group-nap session in our conference room. Next: action figures. You've seen the pictures. Psychotriad's group won for the best action sequence (using pillows, two cardboard boxes, and Aragorn, Legolas, and an orc, they re-enacted the wall-explosion of Helm's Deep), and Taalcon, Hobbes and I won for the silliest scene (Eomer led a horse, a drink bottle, Treebeard, and Frodo in a rendition of the Homestarr symphony).

Somewhere in here should be the fencing tournament, but I can't remember it. Come to think of it, what happened?

Jenny Gardener led in Thousand Ideas in an Hour, and the adventures of Hominy will be shared with Hatrack by Taalcon, when he writes up the story everyone created. That was fabulous, and I move we include a thousand ideas in an hour session at every Con. Jenny had a hard time getting everyone to pay attention at first; understandable when the entire room has low-level ADD. [Wink] Look, shiny! A butterfly! Frodo! She got our attention, though; she's such a good teacher.

That night, we went bowling at the Fun Palace right next to the hotel. I haven't done that for quite a while; it was cool. I did hear Britney Spears' new song for the first time, and I am deeply ashamed to report I liked it. It's still wandering around in my head. CalvinMaker, forgive me.

I can't remember what happened next. Everything's running together. That must have been the night we went to Wal-Mart. That was fabulous. I have bruises all over my legs from being tackled while playing Mission Impossible in the aisles.

So, finally, some sleep. Monday morning, those who weren't leaving (Olivia, me, Taal, Josh, Mark) yet wandered downstairs to say goodbye to those who were (Noah, Jenny, Hobbes, mack) Hey wait! Mack! Mack, you didn't wake me up!! I DIDN'T say good bye to Mack. She was supposed to wake me up for breakfast! *grumbles* Where's that mack's-favorite-emoticon picture.

Seating for lunch at Steak and Shake. Eating for lunch on the run in the movie theater lobby, where we took our shakes to go. We made it just in time to watch Big Fish: highly recommended. Ewan-ily yummy, excellent story, sweet heart, all Tim Burton. It was the best Tim Burton movie since Edward Scissorhands. I loved it.

Somewhere in there, I went to get details for my flight that night, and discovered some practical results of massive sleep deprivation. To make a long story short and to avoid sounding flakier than necessary, my flight was now out Tuesday morning instead of Monday night, and Dave was driving home that night, and we went to Olivia's for Food and Stories. I got to sleep on the very aptly-named and delicious Fainting Couch, and this morning at 5:50 Olivia drove me to the airport.

Where there were more results of sleep deprivation present, because I wasn't in the computer. After some fiddling, I got another ticket and got on the plane. There was a one-hour layover in Houston. Fortunately, I did catch up on some sleep. Unfortunately, it was during the time I was supposed to be getting on the plane to Dallas. I took the next flight at 3:00 and just got back to work.

Perfect weekend. Thank you; I love you all.

--katharina

[ January 21, 2004, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Added thoughts:

T_Smith acts sort of acts like my little brother, and looks EXACTLY like my little brother. Not A little brother; MY baby brother. I don't have a place to post pictures, but if someone wants to lend me some space, I'll put up a picture of my brother for a comparison. It's downright eerie.

I loved the slumber party in our hotel room.

Barnes and Noble is comfier than Borders, but Borders has DVDs. *weighs in hands* I did get to read the mentions of some favorite Jatrequeros in the afterwords of Shadow Puppets and Crystal City. I was thrilled just by association.

porce, I did get your message, but not until Monday morning. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk.

[ January 20, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Good photos, Jamie.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
that's okay, i am just glad you eventually got it.
the barnes and noble by my home has dvds - they are in the music section.

glad you guys had a good time, i hope there will be some more west coast picnics that i can actually attend in the not too distant future.

i hope Hot Nathan reviewed the comments in jamie's gallery for day three and four.
heh.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics...

Kind of strange how the only ones I'm in are the ones in which I'm dressed as a Nazgul.

And nobody has yet mentioned that I was present.

Was I really that inconspicuous?

[Angst]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

You were sort of quiet. My sister and nieces were only in the costume pictures, too. I think they MAY have felt a little out-of-place. I had so many other responsibilities that I didn't get to hang with them as much as I would have liked.

Did anybody talk to them at all?

Anyway, Macc, you were the scariest Nazgul. Really horrifying with that voice you did and all. No wonder people avoided you. [Wink] [Big Grin] (That's a joke, as know people didn't really avoid you, but you have to admit, you really captured the character. The creep factor was 9.5, at least.)

Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

More thoughts now that I had nine hours of sleep:

Sunday night, Noah taught us to swing dance. Yay! He's an excellent teacher. Hot Nathan learned to lead and twirl like nobody's business.

Fugu's birthday was Friday, and we celebrated that night. Happy Birthday, fugu!!

Airport security is LAX. I had a swiss army knife (christmas present) on my keychain, and it made it through three airports and five security checkpoints this weekend. No one caught it! I'm glad, because I like it, but this does not feel safe! It must be the innocent look. Warning: the next terrorist will be someone's little sister.

Legolass was absolutely adorable. Olivia's niece melody dressed up as Legolass, the love child of her mother the Ranger and Legolas. There were some people at the movie theatre who took pictures of us and followed us in line.

After the movie, a random guy approached and said, "Y'all look like you would know the answer to this question. What was Frodo talking about at the end, about not saving the Shire for himself?" We put forth a few theories, and he seemed satisfied.

Dave defended his costume by declaring we had lost a bet, and Ophelia, forced to dress as Gimli, was the agent.

[ January 21, 2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Javert Hugo ]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great conversation with your sister Saturday afternoon, Olivet. [Smile]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

That's right, I remember! She really, really liked you. [Smile]
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee. Thanks for all the awesome pics, Mack. [Big Grin]

[ January 22, 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
maccabeus. i remember you being there. i enjoyed talking to you for the 30 seconds we did.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Mac... Jamie wasn't the only one with a camera. I'm still trying to dig up enough spare cash to develop them.. then a scanner to digitize them (Walgreens could work.. if i had $$)

I also know that Becky had a camera, and at least 2-3 other cameras were present. Give it time, sir.

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having the same problem, Ken. Jeremy never fixed our scanner while he was here... [Grumble]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kind of strange how the only ones I'm in are the ones in which I'm dressed as a Nazgul.

And nobody has yet mentioned that I was present.

Was I really that inconspicuous?

I remember talking with you, too, Macc. But you were quiet, and as I recall, you opted out of some of the activities that didn't really interest you.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.