FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » nerds...

Author Topic: nerds...
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
yea you wenchcon people got me on here. grr! arrgh!

nerds...

-Ben

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I never liked nerds. I only liked the grape kind, but I'd always accidentally mix them with the strawberry kind.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, WE'RE the nerds...

[ January 19, 2004, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
High Ben
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*flips off Ben*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben is mean.

But he has good taste in music.

Just don't ever let him near your nose.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
*ben ben*
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i am NOT mean!

i just practice tough love.

...nerd.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I think it's weird that the name 'Ben' is still available.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Eek!] [Angst]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
That isn't necessarily his login name.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I only liked the grape kind, but I'd always accidentally mix them with the strawberry kind.
Weirdo, obviously your mother never gave you grape flavored Tylonol for your every ache and pain...

I only liked the strawberry kind.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I had the bubblegum flavored antibiotics more often than tylenol, which taste more like strawberry.
Dash Rendar
Member # 3571

- posted      Profile for Dash Rendar           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? I tried of the name "Ben" about 2 years ago when I was first looking for names, and I think it said it was taken.
Posts: 9 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I second that sentiment, though poor Ophelia bore the brunt of that one. [Angst] [ROFL]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben,

As a longtime nerd, let me state some facts of life to you. This is like a law-of-nature fact here.

Anyone, by posting on an Internet forum not strictly work- or hobby-related has confirmed beyond doubt their own personal nerdhood. This, along with the speed of light, are immutable laws of reality as we know it.

That is all. Welcome to nerdhood.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirReal
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for SirReal   Email SirReal         Edit/Delete Post 
"And the geeks shall inherit Earth"
Join us

Posts: 172 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Weirdo, obviously your mother never gave you grape flavored Tylonol for your every ache and pain...

I only liked the strawberry kind.

Speaking of flavored medicines, who in the world came up with "cherry" cough syrup, my word that stuff is disgusting, I'd rather clean an elementary school bathroom with my tongue!

But grape cough syrup is pretty good IIRC.

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally didn't get why he was saying "nerds" at first. Then I realized that the only Hatrackers he's met like dressing up as LOTR characters, doing interpretive dances in orange tights and running around Walmart at 3AM spelling POOP with wooden block letters.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

It has to do with the word association game played in the hot tub. The standard answers were usually sex or something destructive. But any words Ben got, he'd just say "Nerds."
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
And he often got words having to do with LotR, or computers.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

it was quite sad really.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I am baffled that out of over 6100 members, NONE of them were simply named "Ben." How DID you get that cool screenname Ben??

By the way, nice to meet you. [Smile] I'm insane, er um...I'm Narnia.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i dunno. i typed in "Ben" for my login name and it said "ok here you go, i hear you are pretty rad, so we'll give you whatever you want"
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's impressive!!

[Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Whatever you want?
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben's first threads are so funny when put together. [Smile]

Nerds...Contact Ben the Outsider...

It's like, "Ya'll are nerds. (beat) Play with me?"

At least that seems to be the opinion. [Wink]

But any guy who reads David Sedaris can't be all bad.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's like, "Ya'll are nerds. (beat) Play with me?"
Isn't that pretty much how the weekend went?
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

my mom taught me that nerds are people too and need to be treated and loved like any humans.
so...yea...

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

You're mom's wrong. We're not people, in the traditional sense of the world, but our real identities must remain within "The Circle".

[ January 20, 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Nerd?

Hmphhhh. I never -

but mack flipped you off so it must be okay - [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yeah. Ron liked Ben. Of all the people he met at the airport, I think he hit it off with Ben the most (he was there a while, trying to figure out what happened to Zev and raventh1).

I pumped him for his impressions of people that he saw at the airport, and he was annoyed at me for doing it, so some of what he said was sarcastic.

He said Jamie looked different than when she'd stayed with us (and she did-- she's a hard-body mountain climber now [Wink] ). Ophelia and xnera were quiet, but seemed nice. T_Smith was described as 'high functioning' (it was tongue in cheek, kiddo [Wink] ) and Ben reminded him of his youngest brother, who he adores.

Then Ben kept bugging me about when Ron was coming to play with us, as he had assumed he was part of the group. But Ron didn't really want to, as he's more of a one-on-one or small group kind of guy.

Anyways, since he still thinks Ben is okay (even after seeing the 'Wench Kiss' picture, which sort of pissed him off ("Those lips are MINE!") until I explained the context) then Ben is okay in my book.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I got in trouble for the Wench kiss pictures, too. Both of them.

"Hey, you're kissing some other guy. And girl!"

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I just told Ron we puckered up real tight and held the fella's head so he wouldn't try to get lippy. Just in case, you know. When he realized we'd agreed to give the winning team a Wench Kiss (and planned out beforehand how to keep them in line) he realized he'd over-reacted.

Just seeing the picture, I think he thought we might have been kissing a lot of them, or something. once he realized that wasn't the case, he was okay. [Smile]

Ben
Member # 6117

Basically when he found out it was just Humble Ben he was like "OK, well, he deserves anything his heart desires anyhow!"

i'm nifty like that.

-Ben

Oh and Olivia, i don't get online til 11pm. my email is benharris1313@yahoo.com or call my cell. you should have the #. if not ask me for it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.