FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wenchcon First Day Photos (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wenchcon First Day Photos
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
First Day Photos
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(seizes with urge to be there) Why are there no pictures of mack, tho? I demand pics of mack!!!

;_; (wishes she were there)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw... you guys look like you're having so much fun! I so wish I could be there.

Well, have a little fun for me, willya?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous*

*jealous*

*jealous*

*thinks mack has a crush on Hot Nathan*

*ducks*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
While these are some titillating photos, I see no pictures of Mac Daddy and even fewer of Sweetcheeks in his orange tights. I find myself strangely teased.

But that's one hell of a photographer we have. Great shooting, Mac. Now turn the camera 180 degrees and we'll start talking real appreciation.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay... a Wenchcon fix. Hahaha... Dam Raven... Dan_Raven... I get it. I get it. [ROFL]

Oh... the Wenchcon sign looks great!!!!

I wish I could be there. This of course is the next best thing.

I wish there could be another one next year, but I doubt it. I would start planning now.

I was gonna have a gallery area on the Wenchcon site, but this is just as good [Smile] . Awesome pics as usual, Mack.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia, what a cool site. You did an awesome job.

mack, good angles. Get prepared -- here comes a long-distance hug.

(((mack))) [Frown]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Love that last one, especially, of the "group" (in the room.) Just the placement of everyone in that shot makes it really stand out.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey is WenchCon in Atlanta? Where are you guys?
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe so, Anthro.

Check out the 12 pages of posts on This Thread for more information

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...look at all the beautiful people!!!

Have fun y'all!

Nathan, you dog!!! Come out of the trunk man!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Mac Rocks!

Photojournalist Extrodinaire, thank you for the update!

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] --is blue

Wish I were there, but right now I'm having so much fun. Really I am.

Oh who am I kidding. I'm looking at a pile of homework with my foot propped on the tower of my computer.

Still, tell us about all the cool stuff, so that we can live vicariously through you all.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
CT, you're right - the placement of the folks in that pic IS awesome.

Wish I was there . . . sigh!

Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I arrived in Atlanta at 3:01 PM (35 minutes earlier than my 3:36 ticketed arrival time). Called Ben, he showed up 20 minutes later and we began our wait in the Atrium. I tried to call Olivia, but apparently I had the wrong cell number.

Anyway, four passes, four thirty, no one is here yet. I call Ron to see if the boys (Nathan, Josh and Mark) called him and Ron was already heading to Kennesaw. Ron says, "No, I'm still circling the airport. I was hoping you'd be them."

"Crap, no. Do you have Olivia's cell number?"

"Yes." He starts rattling off HIS cell number. "No..wait...that's MINE." Then he tells me Olivia's. He decides to park in short term parking and join us next to the T-rex skeleton in the Atrium.

I called Olivia and I asked, "Do you have everyone's flight info?"

She says, "Why yes, I do. But it's...not here. It's on my desk...at home."

We wait. Hot Nathan calls! He had arrived, but sans tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber. Why?

They call my cell. "This is Mark."

"Hi Mark! Where are you?"

Mind you, I'm thinking North Baggage claim.

"Phoenix."

"That's the wrong airport."

"I know."

APPARENTLY, Mark and Josh (Raventh1 and Zevlag) flew standby. Intead of flying, they did a lot of...standing by.

I postpone my rental car reservation and wait. Karen (xnera) and Lindsey (Ophelia) show up.

Now what? Boys won't be in till 9:30. CT isn't coming [Frown]

We try to figure out who will ride with Ron and who with me, but we're all hungry and Ron needs to get home as soon as he can. So poor Ron leaves all by himself while the rest of us eat.

He's such a good sport. I talked to Olivia and I am making him a special gift. [Smile]

We eat, take the shuttle over to the Enterprise area. The shuttle driver is subtly sarcastic and damn funny. As I'm doing my paperwork at the rental place, Olivia calls, so I hand the phone over to Ben.

I have no idea what was said, but they talked for a good ten minutes. We all opted not to go to Dad's Garage. We pack up the car (Trunk Tetris and yes, we let Hot Nathan out so he could ride in the backseat). Begin the thirty minute drive to Kennesaw. Ben talks to Noah.

"What are you wearing?"

Noah. "Well, gray tighty whities..." o_O

We arrive. Without a proclaimed leader (as she is boy wrangling) we wander aimlessly. Chat and chat. I get embarrassed right away.

Me. "We're trying to figure out the room situation."

Judie. "Why?"

Noah. "Jamie and Ben want to get their own room."

[Mad] *thwaps Noah*

So we all figure out the room situation and then troop over as a group to On the Border. As we wait, Nathan becomes a monkey, Lindsey is nasally raped, and we worry about being kicked out.

We eat. Nathan hogs the phone. Then Sarah hogs the phone. A lot of phone hogging. We share HUGE desserts, HUGE margaritas. We torture our server but I think we left him a substantial tip. (Split check, and I know I left him a good tip, the poor man). We all leave the restaurant, start walking and realize...

We're missing someone.

"Sarah!"

Sarah was...is...in the bathroom. Imagine her face when she walks out... [Eek!]

[ROFL]

We troop back up to the hotel, get honked at (woowoo!). Get herded into the meeting room (we were keeping other guests up, apparently) and begin Hatrack Pictionary.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm noticing that WenchCon is decidedly short on the wench.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
They had an orgy! [Big Grin] I'm happy. No gathering is complete without an orgy.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like so much fun! Don't stop posting pictures!
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

- posted      Profile for Hot Nathan           Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs wenches when you have me?
Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Nervous Southern Women

Olivia and I dressed exactly alike. Due to a quirk of nervou Southern women, we both dressed in all black, with high heels, black leather jackers and determined grace. The more nervous I get, the bigger my hair gets.

After the initial laughs, we spent the day grocery shopping and taking care of her adorable boys. Someone from Washington DC kept calling, and it turned out to be CalvinMaker, kicking back at th hotel for a few dozen hours or so. Everyone finally coordinated at the hotel, where Nathan didn't recognize me but CalvinMaker did.

I regret my sleeping through half of EnderCon, because I'm sure I can't remember the people here. Also, Hobbes grew very tall in the past two years.

At the fake mexican restaurant, I realized that the majority of attendees at EnderCon were young men. Let that be advertising.

Taalcon couldn't resist the urge to play with his food, and disocovered that you CAN make a flag out of money, that a dollar bill does NOT turn into a straw, and that conversation threads are as non-sequitur at the table as here. Nathan is having CalvinMaker's babies.

JaneX is recording the out of contexts, Pop. You would be proud.

This morning, we watched Fellowship, and it was funnier that MST. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
TE or EE, kat? Cuz y'know, the TE isn't worth squat compared to the EE.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I really did have to flee from dinner before giving in to the urge to just go with ya'll. Hot Nathan is just a huge draw.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

You know, celia, I could have your babies after CalvinMaker's. [Wink]
Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

what? like for dinner?

i hear your toddler dip is the finest in all the land.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

*high-fives Celia*

[ROFL] [ROFL]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was so nervous yesterday, I couldn't eat. I had a couple smoothie-like things and a few crackers.

When I was sure all the food was ready for the next day and my sister had made it to our house, I packed. Had a fab time playing games with everyone.

Major Difference This Year:

Most of the 'wenches' are young fellas. [Wink] Guess we wenches are more of a draw than I thought. *flounces* Go Figger. [Big Grin]

Woke up this morning and realized I was so whack last night that I didn't pack any pants. Well, One workout bottom. But no jeans or anything. I did pack an outfit for dancing and about 10 shirts. D'oy!

So I went home to get pants, still wearing w wenchy skirt borrowed from the inestimable Jenny Gardener. Helped deliver and serve lunch, which people either really enjoyed ar were afraid to admit not liking.

Realized I left my camera at home. And my swimsuit, and my Sting sword toy. As I was trying to leave, I find out that poor Noah is looking for a laundromat. I have no idea where one is, so I just take the clotyhes home with me. Am washing them now. Heh.

I can't decide if that's a wnchy thing or not. Probably not. [Smile]

JaneX and Ela and Shlomo and Narr and Taalcon andraven1th and Zevlag and xnera, and Ophelia, and geez, EVERYONE is just so cool. I'm overwhelmed with the luv.Everyone has been really nice to my sister and nieces, too. Which is good, because I feared they might feel a little out of it, not having been at the 'rack.

We missed having you CT, but there will be otther times. *big ol' hug*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working today but maybe I can call you guys tonight or something? Someone tell me a cell phone number. Or if you guys have my cell number (I think Noah does) you can call me here in San Francisco when the movie gets out. Arrrrgh, I wish I could be there! [Smile] It sounds so fun!
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
"...I didn't pack any pants"

Wow. I'm never missing another Wenchcon again!

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

quote:
what? like for dinner?
What else would I have meant? I'm certainly not going to help bring your evil spawn into this world.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sooooooo jealous!

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Have an apple.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Lots of great pics! Good reporting by mack, kat, and Olivet. It's almost like being there!

Ok, no, it's really not. [Frown] But it helps! Glad y'all are having so much fun! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
We want day two! More pictures!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Today was just about a perfect day.

We left the guys downstairs last night about 3:00, and Olivia and I talked until 4:30. Four hours later, we stumbled out of bed and tried to remember the day's plan. Wait - where are Jenny and Hobbes and kwsni and Ken? Theyd didn't come last night! I'll go and ask CalvinMaker if we can use his computer to see if they have posted troubles to Hatrack.

Room 222. I knock on the door, and am greeted by two impossibly lovely young women getting ready in the bathroom. Wrong door. "Sorry!" Well, crap, what's their door number? ILYW are still looking at me. I swear this is their room. Maybe they picked up girls last night? In the last four hours? WHERE??

"Um, are Noah and Dave and Nathan around?"
"Yeah, they are downstairs.
<beat>
"I'm Jenny Gardener."

Everyone is here. Yay!

The EEs are wonderful, and we watched them all. They were thoroughly commented upon and mystied, and Gandalf himself made it into the out of context book. I can't wait for JaneX to post it.

For dinner, I am refusing to comment. *grin*

----

Three weeks ago, Olivia called me to finalize plans and make all is good. I said don't worry, it doesn't matter what happens, as long we are all in the same city and we watch Return of the King, nothing else matters.

We ARE all in the same city.

With all the dressing up and preparations and dinner delights, we made it to the theatre ten minutes before the movie started... and about half the group made it in to buy tickets befor they sold out. But all turned out very well. Those who hadn't seen the movie did, and some of the rest of us went instead to Lost in Translation (excellent movie, and Noemon, I'm overwhelmingly flattered and a little squicked [Smile] ), and then went watched the ending of Return of the King from the floor of the theatre. That was perfect - a wonderful movie, and the best parts of an astounding movie. We still sniffled, especially during "You bow to no one." It was wonderful.

Right now, there is hot-tubbing, fencing, and yay! unexpected Hatrackers! Hatrack's favorite (ex)cadet is here. [Smile]

I gotta go play. Wish you were here. [Smile]

[ January 18, 2004, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't possibly mean you met up with Justin.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i dont think anyone in the group has my new home phone, but i would love to make a phone call.
email me if anyone is up for it.
ellissara@hotmail.com

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I have a hundred and fifty photos to upload.

However.

They're all on my CF card and need to be downloaded onto my computer and then photoshopped to proper net size.

Meaning?

You'll get day two photos after I wake up.

Worth the wait?

Yes, there are Mack shots. And OH, there are Mack shots. [Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

Mack shots! OOOOH!

SHOO! Go to sleep! And then wake up early! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
*waits*

Isn't it morning yet?

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Think she's asleep yet?

Cuz if she's asleep, we can get someone to wake her up. And then it'll be "after she wakes up," right?

katharina
Member # 827

Yes, I mean Justin. [Smile]

My cel: 469-879-1306

Call me, I'll answer, and we all can talk.

rivka
Member # 4859

*kicks whoever called kat first*

[Grumble] Just as well -- SOMEONE should get some sleep, and I think it just might be me. [Wink]

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I recognize Taalcon, despite being terrible with names/faces. I think he was the random guy wearing a P-Web shirt when we had an OSC dinner in Greensboro 2 years ago.

There weren't too many wenches there, but I'd hit it.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For dinner, I am refusing to comment. *grin*
Well, if she won't elaborate, I will. [Big Grin]

(Btw, if this post is slightly incoherent, it's because it's 7:30 in the morning, I haven't slept at all tonight, and I've netted about 4 hours of sleep in the past 3 days)

So yeah, we were all going to meet at this Macaroni Grill restaurant very close to the hotel. Myself, Katherina, Dave, Jeremy, Shlomo, and Lindsay all piled into Dave's car, expecting a one or two minute ride to dinner. Considering there was one more of us than could really sit in the car, I (oh so graciously) offered to have Kat sit on my lap in the front seat. Considering how tall she is, she really had to scrunch up to fit. And it was a bit of a struggle to find a spot where her heels weren't digging into my shins. [Big Grin] Anyway, Dave takes us on the back road around the neighborhood, to hit the restaurant turn from the main road.

We wound up missing the turn, going on the next turn instead.

Which took us onto the interstate.

We had quite a roadtrip taking the exit onto another interstate in order to get back to the original one, and then back onto the main road. And all the while Kat is squished in the front seat with me, relying on me to hold onto her for the turns. [ROFL] I personally found this all to be hilarious, but yeah, that's just me.

Anyway, we finally get back to the main road, and we get a call from the others; the restaurant is completely full.

So we spend another five minutes in the car searching for a place to eat.

On the way back, the ride was much better. Not only did we not go onto any interstates, but Lindsay sat on Jeremy's lap this time. A much better fit, considering height.

So anyway, yeah. Dinner was amusing.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, on another note, Nathan is sleeping on his air mattress right next to me right now, and it's been very interesting listening/watching him. He snores in a consistent pattern, VERY loud, and occasionally kicks out as if fighting his mattress.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

AHAHAHAHA. This is the second time tonight that he's woken up randomly by jumping up, looking around in confusion, saying "Huh? What? Huh?" and going right back to sleep.
katharina
Member # 827

Where is everyone?? No one is awake. It's 7:30 in the morning, I gota whole three hours of sleep, and no one in this whole hotel is awake to play. *pouts*

Darn internal alarm clock. We are not friends, he and I. *yells at inner alarm clock* Three hours of sleep, buddy! What's up with that??

[ January 18, 2004, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Is mack awake yet? If not, go wake her up. [Evil] We want pictures!
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Girl, what are you doing awake? Go get some sleep! It's five in the morning there!!
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. Username changed to avoid accidental landmark posting.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.