FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » S1M0NE --- L0TS of SP01LERS

Author Topic: S1M0NE --- L0TS of SP01LERS
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Bought this movie for $5.99 yesterday and watched it last night.

I really enjoyed it.

Not a 4-star movie, by any stretch, but still entertaining.

I did like how they resisted the temptation to make Simone come alive and take over his life, but how he actually did it to himself.

I also liked the point where he forgot to thank himself at the OSCARS and how that precipitated the real crisis. It was beautiful.

Stupid things:
- The singing career. Hey, I like that song she sang, but it was just lame. Ever hear Annie Lennox sing that one?

- Hologram button??? Uh hunh. Went too far there guys.

- The silly thing at the end about a career in politics.

- The daughter mooning over her parents divorce. She was too smart a kid for that and her tactics made her an unsympathetic character, I think.

But these "flaws" were more than compensated by some brilliant acting and a witty script.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this on HBO a while back and remember being pleasantly suprised by the movie. It was more clever and interesting than i thought it would be going in. Nothing amazing, but i thought it was a good watch.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the part where they tried to destroy her career, and hollywood just loved her more. I hate hollywood.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.