FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » who've read Demian by Herman Hesse?

Author Topic: who've read Demian by Herman Hesse?
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I read this book junior year in high-school and it is the foundation of my current ethical core. how did you interpret his "transformation"? i don't want to spend the rest of my life with an incredibly skewed perception.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, airmanfour, I have that book here on my desk to be read. I've read everything else by him, I think, now, and that is the last one. It's short so I should have it finished soon. I don't know what to tell you yet, but I do know that Hesse himself underwent some transformations in his philosophy and outlook over the course of his career.

I will write more as soon as I read it. For now just let me welcome you to hatrack! [Smile]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I read this book junior year in high-school and it is the foundation of my current ethical core.
RRReallly. And which psychiatric ward did you say live at? No, just kidding, aside from being extremely weird, it's actually a very good book.

quote:
how did you interpret his "transformation"?
Well it's been awhile since I read it, and I don't know for sure whatchya mean, so refresh my memory.

quote:
i don't want to spend the rest of my life with an incredibly skewed perception.
Huh? Whaddyameanbythat?
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Very near the ending, Demian starts to see the physical world differently, and his body starts to emit light. Why?
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.