FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ha Ha: The return of shameless promotion (now with a link to Amazon)

Author Topic: Ha Ha: The return of shameless promotion (now with a link to Amazon)
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
As I said quite a few times in the past, a friend of mine, Pete Stathis is currently writing an independent comic called Evenfall. I've been promoting it from the beggining because, in my completely unbiased opinion, it's kickass. Issue 5 went on sale in December.

Anyway, he's gotten some pretty good press (here's the latest coverage) and sales are doing good, so they're publishing Issues 1-5 in a trade paperback collection (I think that's what it's called). So, if you missed picking up the individual issues, you can get them all together in this jimmy jammy.

Seriously, it's actually pretty good. The artwork is top-notch, even stunning in some places. You can read all of Issue 3 for free at his website. So, support independent comics, get yourself a good piece of work, and give some money to a good guy, and pick yourself up a copy of the trade paperback when it comes out in the end of Februrary. You may have to request it. It's Evenfall, written and drawn by Pete Stathis, and published by Slave Labor Graphics.

[ March 01, 2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link, Mr. Squicky, I'm diggin' the art. [Smile]

Edit: Called Squick Mr. Funny. I just get so confused sometimes... [Razz]

[ January 15, 2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

That's because I'm so relentlessly hilarious, Z. In your mind, the words Squicky (well ok, that's not actually a real word) and Funny have become inextricibly linked.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

So, Pete's comic is shipping now and is available for pre-order on Amazon. Check it out.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
What, someone mentioned me here?
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

bumpity bump bump
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Independent comics by people named Pete have been excellent in my experience. I'll check this out.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool comic! Is Pete Stathis related to Lou Stathis?

Or are great independent comicbook artists often born to the Stathis line?

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I like this comic. I hope it sells well..
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

As far as I know, Pete is not related to any other famous Stathis..err Stathes. However, don't let that stop you from buying his book. Look, it's number 21 on some list at Amazon, and all the books above it are like Batman or some junk.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's something my old gaming group does. If you're a gamer or love someone who is, it's a great strip.

Are You All Grown Up?

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.