FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Music Question for People Who Watch Far Too Much Tv

Author Topic: Music Question for People Who Watch Far Too Much Tv
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere out in the wide world of broadcasting there's a Special K commercial featuring an electric scale and 6 pounds of beef. Each slab of beef is lowered onto the scale until it reaches six pounds, showing the viewer at home how much weight they could lose by going on the Special K Challenge.

But they have this neat little jazz song in the back ground whose refrain consists entirely of the words "oink" and "moo." I know it's stupid, but is there any chance anyone A: has seen ths commercial or B: knows the name of this song?

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's called, "Cows go out on the town" I am not sure though, I might be wrong.

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Seen the commercial, don't know the song. In the sister commercial, however, where they pile six pounds of potatoes onto a scale, the song is "Mashed Potato" by The Wiggles. Sounds like it might even be performed by them.

Quack quack quack quack quack, Cock-a-doodle doo!

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That commercial BUGS me on so many levels!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*Is secretly happy there is almost no television where he lives.*
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Tried the Special K challenge. It caused me to eat even more(and worse) at my other meals, so I actually gained weight. I lost it as soon as I started exercising again. [Smile] Exercise is the best way to lose weight. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That is an annoying song...
Special K is on sale so I want to buy some, but I doubt I'll lose weight since I drink whole milk and put sugar on it.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, excerise is the way to go (says the person who just got back from a walk and is about to buy and consume pure-fat donughts).

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm not the only person who does that. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it odd that they'd select beef and potatoes for this kind of demonstration, since both are rather dense and don't really look all THAT impressive on a scale. Six pounds of lard would not only be more accurate but more disgusting.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Urgh.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.