FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Losing a Neighbor :(

Author Topic: Losing a Neighbor :(
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Earl Hindman, dead at 61

quote:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Earl Hindman, best known for his role as the never-seen next-door neighbor who imparts advice as he peers over Tim Allen (news)'s backyard fence in the hit television series "Home Improvement," has died, his wife said on Tuesday. He was 61.

Hindman died of lung cancer at Stamford Hospital in Connecticut early on Monday, said his wife, the Rev. Molly McGreevy, a priest at St. Francis Episcopal Church in Stamford.

A character actor, Hindman launched his 30-year career on stage before appearing in numerous films, television series and specials. He played Detective Bob Reid on the ABC soap opera "Ryan's Hope" for over a decade

[Frown]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Wilson has moved behind the big fence in the sky. He will be missed.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I just got a call from my next door neighbor, saying that the invalid husband of my across the street neighbor (the one who donated cloth to dkw's quilt and has the cool cluttered house that the Hatrack Ladies saw) died this morning of a massive heart attack in his sleep. I saw the ambulance there just before I left for work. He had been in the hospital a week ago with the flu, but had been much much better and far more coherent (he had dementia) for this last week than he had been previously.

I didn't know him that well but his wife is a dear and will be in my thoughts.

AJ

[ December 31, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's sad, and death rarely makes good comedy, but can I be the only one wondering if it will be open-casket?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but you'll just see the top of his head (eyes and above). Of course.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wilson! [Frown] (sadness)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.