FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Boxing Day, Hatrack!

Author Topic: Happy Boxing Day, Hatrack!
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I know we've got quite a few Canadians and Brits on the board (do Australians celebrate Boxing Day?), so I just want to send you all my warm holiday greetings.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
What does one do on boxing day? Do you get to box someone's ears?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
One cleans up and throws out all the boxes the presents were in. Here, we celebrate "lots of wrapping paper stuffed in a garbage bag" day.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I was under the impression that you boxed up all the stuff that didn't fit or you didn't like and went back to the store to exchange it for what you really wanted.

We went to the mall today to pick out a present for my brother (going home tomorrow, so we're not really late), and there were enough people there shopping that I wondered if you crazy Americans celebrate Boxing Day and don't even know it.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
It's all part of the Canadian conspiracy to conquer the US. [Angst]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think boxing day is the day we call the start of the post-season shopping orgy. Everything is 1/2 off so we buy twice as much of things we need half as much and everyone is happy. The economy is saved for yet another year and all is right with the world.

Maybe we should call it boxing day too? I'm sure Hallmark would like to get in on the action and cards saying "happy post-season shopping orgy" are just not very catchy.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean it isn't because all the shoppers go out and box each others ears to get to the bargains? [Razz] Aw, man. There goes another one of my pet theories.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I heart snopes.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks RRR.

That about cleared it up.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little bumpage.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
ok this confuses me. Bob's post says he posted on the 27th, and the PC's says the 26th right after......

[Eek!]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Confusing, isn't it? I wonder why . . .
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
::shakes fist at primal curve::

Making me think Jon Boy had returned to Hatrack . . .
[Grumble]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I know, Ic, it sucks doesn't it? I'm just a firm believer in thread conservation. I always recycle unused or old threads.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
do you wash them first?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Only if they smell like butt.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.