FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random thoughts you have late at night watching The Two Towers

Author Topic: Random thoughts you have late at night watching The Two Towers
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn’t it be great if while watching the army of orcs march towards them at Helm’s Deep, the soldiers all joined in a rousing chorus of YMCA? Or perhaps the movie could be about two young potheads from Rohan who by the end of the battle, learn the true meaning of Christmas.

Or maybe the movies could end with Sauron waking up and thinking “Ohh what a terrible dream!” Heck, instead of a ring you could just have a Christmas present Frodo is trying to deliver to Sauron for UPS and still make it in time for an overnight delivery. Better yet, the movie ends by revealing Gimili is really cross dresser and all the characters have to rediscover themselves with this new knowledge and everyone eventually accepts who he is, even his cold hearted father who always wanted him to be a champion rodeo clown.

Maybe this is why my dreams of becoming a director never materialized. [Wink] [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
You need more caffiene.
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my late-night thoughts tend to veer off of the movie plot and end up with ... "Gee, I sure do like Hobbes." [Kiss]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

Hobbes, I completely understand your late night movie thoughts. Late night musings are often our most inspired. But, I need to never watch sappy movies late at night when I'm tired because than I just start thinking of how utterly SINGLE I am. Life is a whole lot more depressing at 2am when I'm exhausted with no one to talk to. [Big Grin]

[ December 24, 2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Random thoughts? Hmmm...

"This was the last movie I watched with my ex."

I'm NOT bitter, I'm NOT bitter, I'm NOT bitter...

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gee, I sure do like Hobbes
You know, Annie, I'm sure it's because I'm really tired this morning, but I read that as "Gee, I'd sure like to do Hobbes". My reaction was something along the lines of " [Eek!] ". Then I reread.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
so... Zotto and Narnia are both single at the moment...

<muses evily>

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Annie and Hobbes know each other? If not, maybe they should meet. [Big Grin] Unless one of them is married.

[ December 24, 2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Occasional ]

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Oh, Annie and Hobbes know each other. [Wink]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
That's just sick Annie! [Smile]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Would people stop misinterpreting my totally innocent comments?!?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know where this thread would go, but I have to admit, I didn't expect this. [Eek!] [Wink]

Occasional, Annie and Hobbes are currently going out. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.