FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So I bought myself some gifts... Grim Fandango, among other things.

Author Topic: So I bought myself some gifts... Grim Fandango, among other things.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I am now the proud owner of a copy of Grim Fandango (and I'm thinking about going back to the store soon to buy Curse of Monkey Island, maybe for a friend or maybe for myself [Wink] ). I also bought a couple of heavily discounted new books last night, and about a week ago I bought myself another heavily discounted book and a heavily discounted CD.

In total, I have bought myself five or six Christmas presents since coming home, which roughly equals the total number of Christmas presents I have purchased for other people.

Am I a bad person? Or just a consumer whore? [Razz]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you be a bad person and a consumer whore?

But seriously, dude, go get The Curse of Monkey Island.

Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, "bad person" implies "consumer whore," so I'm just wondering if I'm only a consumer whore, or whether I go all the way to bad person. [Razz]

So do I give the Curse of Monkey Island to a friend? Or keep it for myself?

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Since I've been home I bought one present for myself and one present for one of my brothers (I have two.). If you're a bad person, I'm probably worse. So I'm counting on you being a good person and just a consumer whore, if only to protect my self-image. [Wink]

[ December 23, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Ophelia ]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
At this amazing low price, why not buy two!
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've certainly already played Curse of Monkey Island so it doesn't matter to me [Wink]

Great game though.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky, buy the game and give it to me, but since you need to test it to make sure it works, play it until you can hand deliver it to me.

That should take a year or so.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of interest, did you buy one that's compatable with Windows XP? I've been searching, but ever since I upgraded, my old copy won't work and I can't find a new version that does.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.