FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Year's Resolutions (not really, but it's funny)

Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions (not really, but it's funny)
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I found this while trying to find an answer to LadyDove's guess the Arthur game. Don't ask how I came up with this...
quote:
New Year's Resolutions

Through diligent reporting (i.e. spying, reading private diaries and cornering characters at drunken new year's eve parties) The WSFA Journal has been able to bring you the following New Year's Resolutions:

I will not jump out of any more windows - John Sheridan of Babylon Five

I will end the Wheel of Time Series sometime this century - Robert Jordan

I will admit to being a science fiction writer - Kurt Vonnegut, Margaret Atwood, Ursula LeGuin, etc.

We will replace half of our licensed books with backlist titles and out of print SF classics - Publishers of science fiction

We will not have any more aliens cut off all ties to their homeworld and past - Producers of Deep Space Nine

I won't insist on always being the one who saves the universe. - Ender (in Orson Scot Card's books)

I vow to write lots of articles and draw lots of cartoons for the WSFA Journal - The members of WSFA

I will not let my ancestors determine my actions, oh and I will stop using so much spice - Alia Atreides of the Dune Books.

We will not invade Earth again- aliens from practically all of 1996's SF movies (Independence Day, Mars Attacks and even Star Trek: First Contact)

I will read criminals their rights before destroying them - E. E. Doc Smith's Kimball Kinnson

I will talk to other people before jumping to conclusions - practically any Mercedes Lackey character.

I will confess my secret ambition to be a history professor - Harry Turtledove

oh, and I found them here if you wnat to look yourself: http://www.wsfa.org/journal/j97/1/

[ November 21, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I won't insist on always being the one who saves the universe. - Ender (in Orson Scot Card's books)

[No No] Come on, you know he wouldn't agree to that. Even if he said it his heart wouldn't be in it.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
teeheehee
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Incredibly special that is.
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Loved it. . .'twas beautiful, even if none of them will accomplish that.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.