FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: Time for a real Mickey Mouse government

Author Topic: New column: Time for a real Mickey Mouse government
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Time for a real Mickey Mouse government
"Mickey Mouse, arguably Florida's most famous celebrity, turned 75 yesterday.
"For many years he has been the public spokesmouse of arguably the most powerful company in the entertainment industry, an empire that affects a significant portion of the state's economy.
"He may have the most recognizable face in the world. And while the company he fronts has gone on to wide success, he hasn't had a hit movie since 1947.
"Can a political post be far away?"

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

And thank you for not bringing up my town in this . . .

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
You have no idea how much that cost me...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

cost you?
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well as a [native] Califorian I know a few that would take objection to saying Mickey resides only in FL. On the other hand maybe he should run for the Governorship of Florida and California simultaneously. Then he'd have a near total monopoly on costal sunshine states!

AJ

[ November 19, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

I had a lot more material than would comfortably fit, and some of the edits hurt. Ah, well. I'll put 'em in the director's cut.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Maybe he doesn't live here exclusively, but I think it's obvious that Florida is his primary residence. He certainly leaves his stuff all over the place here.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
He grew up in California, but he moved to Florida.

Would you want to stay at DisneyLand when DisneyWorld is SOOOO much bigger?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Size isn't everything.
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

So your original draft did slam Celebration?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT?!!!!

Do you mean Mickey Mouse isn't already Govenor in Florida?

How about the power behind the thrown?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well Dan, I guess it would be interesting to have your governor thrown around. There are enough Florida Marlins pitchers and a pretty good catcher that could supply the power.

AJ

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Would that put them in the Bush league?

[ November 19, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

[Laugh] The puns are getting to me even though I was trying to be deadpan!

AJ

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry but Mickey does not have my vote.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.