FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Darn, I should have gone to a ladies Lacrosse Game

Author Topic: Darn, I should have gone to a ladies Lacrosse Game
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

NEW YORK (Oct. 24) - It's all in the name. General Motors Corp. has scrapped plans to replace the Buick Regal with the Buick LaCrosse in Canada because in the French-speaking province of Quebec ''lacrosse'' means to masturbate. Among other things.

GM Canada spokesman Stew Low told the La Crosse Tribune in Wisconsin last Friday that in Quebec youth culture the word is a new slang term

''(It) means a couple of things, either to masturbate or 'I just got screwed,' or 'I just got taken''' Low told the newspaper in Saturday's copyright editions. ''People of our age wouldn't even think twice about (the word.)''

He told the paper he first learned of the new slang usage about six weeks ago. In organized focus groups in Quebec, young participants giggled when they heard the named of the new car, Low said.

La Crosse Mayor John Medinger said Friday was not aware of the slang in Canada until the Tribune told him.

''These slang phrases come and go, and hopefully this one won't stick around too long,'' Medinger was quoted in the paper.

GM has not said when the Buick LaCrosse will debut. The company said plans to replace the Buick Regal with the Buick LaCrosse in the U.S. will continue, but will give the new car a different name in Canada.

My High Schools Ladies Lacrosse team was very good, I hear.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
get back to work!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hisss!!!

::flees back to shadows::

I've only taken 2 calls in the past 4 hours.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

and what's the punishment for breaking your company's strict internet policies?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

We have policies?
celia60
Member # 2039

maayybeee

that or you just randomly tell me not to im you at work...

hmm...

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well, they were supposed to be monitoring calls (screen and voice) but since I've only gotten 3 calls the entire day, it doesn't really matter now does it?
celia60
Member # 2039

curse you and your infallible logic!

ah, this is hard.

tee hee.

hee.

hahahaha!

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
*backs away slowly*

*bolts out front door*

*hops in car and drives away very quickly*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
got a source for that?

edit: http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2003/10/18/news/02buick.txt

[ October 27, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: HollowEarth ]

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

*looks at own posts*

d'oh!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.