FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My hotel room looks directly on the sunset over the ocean

Author Topic: My hotel room looks directly on the sunset over the ocean
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Been here five days. Attended a wonderful, wonderful wedding where my favorite cousin in the world (and 12-year-old crush - shut up, it was as safe as my crush on Emilio Estavez) was married in a chapel set on the beach of Diamon Head in Waikiki. My daddy bought me jewelry, and I don't care how princessy that sounds - I loved it. I zinged my other cousin who snubbed me for two days and insulted me when he did talk to me. His excuse was the wine; I don't know what mine was, but it was long overdue. I'm in love with the best man - at least I think it was the best man; I only talked to him for a few minutes.

Sorry for the gush. I've spent the last three days surrounded by officers in the Navy - gorgeous, cut overachievers. This is a great trip.

I don't get to see maui babe - she's on a different island, busy this weekend, and I'm going snorkeling tomorrow. Bummer! So close! Maybe next time. *nods happily*

You know the amazing waves on the North Shore? Turns out part of the reason they are amazing is because there are sharp reefs two feet down!! Holy crap! *rubs bottom of foot*

[Wave] Anyway, good to see everyone! I'll toss a pomeria in the ocean for y'all.

Katie

[ October 26, 2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you trying to make the rest of us jealous? Because you're doing it really well.
Satyagraha

[ October 26, 2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- agrees [Grumble]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
She sure does. [Wave]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, kat! You deserve this! [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. [Wave] What's a pomeria?
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're having so much fun, kat. Soak up a sunset for me. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Grab a Navy bum for me, Kat.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds lovely! Eat some poi for us! [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, naval officers and jewelry - sounds like a dream vacation.

Have fun. [Wink]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
You start a thread mentioning this beautiful view and then don't post pictures?! [Grumble]

Glad you're having a great time. It sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your vacation, and visit Pearl Harbor and Hanauma Bay if you get the chance. Also, check out Kailua Bay. Best kept secret on Oahu (ssssh!)

[ October 27, 2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Shingosei, you're from O'ahu? Cool!

I'm from Kauai, but my stepdad's family lives on O'ahu and I've been there often...thanks for reminding me of home, katharina! [Smile]

Hope you have a great trip!

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I totally, completely didn't mean to be "look at me, look at me" about this. I was just excited to be here and wanted to share it. Consider this my postcard to Hatrack. [Smile]

I missed Kaulia Bay! I did, however, go to both Pearl Harbor (big, rusted, sunken ship - very solemn. There have been about 20 survivors that died in later years that requested to be interred with the brethren there) and Hanauma Bay (voila the snorkeling - and I got fried to a crisp).

Ralphie, I didn't work up the nerve to do any grabbing, but I sure appreciated the view and the conversation. One pilot offered to take me sailing after the wedding *dreams* - ran out of time, though. So sad.

It really was a great trip. It was possible for me because my aunt really, really wanted me to be there ( [Smile] ), and so she got me a ticket with frequent flyer miles and let me stay with her at the hotel. My dad and step-mom went, too. This was cool because it was my mother's nephew getting married. My two aunts married scumbuckets, and my cousin asked my dad to do a reading in the wedding at the church because of respect. He told my dad, basically, that he (my cousin) was glad that he (my dad) was around to provide an example of how the husbandhood thing should be done. That was sweet. My cousin is so cool.

I wish I could have met Hawaiian Hatrackers - maui babe in particular. It was so neat being there, though. I'd never really understood the appeal of the beach, but apparantly that was because I'd never been to a good one. Hawaii is simply beautiful.

Pomeria. These are everywhere - they grow on trees. Granted, they are probably everywhere because most of the places we went are landscaped, but still!

[ October 28, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, glad you had a great time. And with your dad no less!!! That's wonderful!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*hugs Bob* No kidding!
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
those are pLUmeria, kat.

If you really love them, you can buy a stick, plant it, and it'll grow flowers! THey don't smell as good as the ones in Hawaii do, but they're still lovely.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*laugh* That explains the failure of the google search. Maybe I'll get a plant; I'm almost done killing the bonsai tree.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.