FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Connections

Author Topic: Random Connections
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, being reminded of the Ender/Hitler thing, I was reminded of the Santa/Satan thing, and thought, I wonder what other connections out there I'm missing out on.

So the challenge here is to come up with a connection between two random people/characters/events and then justify it as logically as you possibly can.

Is Tom Davidson really a pseudonym of Donald Rumsfeld? Was Mandy Moore really on the grassy knoll? Is Strong Bad really Abner Doon with a wrestler's mask?

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay, being reminded of the Ender/Hitler thing, I was reminded of the Santa/Satan thing
I must have missed something curcial. What Ender/Hitler thing? Santa/Satan? I'm confused. [Confused]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm two degrees of separation from Jewel and I've delivered pizza to Huey Lewis. Is that good?

P.S. the British spell it connexion, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
This all reminds me of the Fidel Castro/Pat Sejack thing. Or even the William Henry Harrison/Benji event.
Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay i can't right now think of a good conection but I just wanted to say I loved hearing a reference to Home Star runner. It has been one of my favorite sights for about a year. No one I know has ever heard about it and usually when I show them they think I'm a moron.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you shall find yourself in good company here, beatnik. We are an official outpost of Strongbadia, equipped with our very own Trogdor the Burninator, and teeming with thatched-roof cottages.

Annie, "The Yellow Dart." [Smile]

(edit: as much fun as temming can be, teeming is better)

[ October 24, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Santa/Satan--anagrams.

I don't know the Hitler/Ender thing, except they both end in Er, and both were responsible for Genocide, though there is the question of Intent.

I saw a story in the Globe that said Eminem was the Devil in disguise. Funny, I always pictured the Devil as having better taste, and a better ability at disguise.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Funny, I always pictured the Devil as having better taste, and a better ability at disguise.
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
I think John Ashcroft is the reincarnation of Sen. McCarthy - does that count?

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
The Ender/Hitler thing is an old article somebody brought up yesterday on the other side of the forum.

The Santa/Satan thing is an old comedy bit just about everybody's familiar with. (Santa and Satan. Their names are almost the same. They both wear red. Have you ever seen them together? Coincidence? I think not.)

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
And one of the older English names for Satan is "Old Nick". Again, coincidence? Nah...
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies in advance if this offends anyone.

A friend of mine is convinced that Popeye is God. Seriously. Here is his reasoning: God told Moses, "I Am that I Am"; Popeye is always going around saying, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am". Ergo, they are the same person.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.