FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Bosox Day

Author Topic: Happy Bosox Day
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
My boss's Yahoo IM status reads "Babe who?" Baseball fever is nearing fever pitch in New England. And that redundancy is intentional. Not a baseball fan myself, nevertheless I am caught up in it. A friend related that her husband was having a cranky week until the Sox won last night. Otherwise rational people start speaking of annulling curses. The team sports phenomenon worldwide is played out again in micro/macrocosm. Does your self esteem rise and fall on the fortunes of one gang of athletes in matching togs? What is the role of professional sport (outside of gambling) in society?

http://ourredsoxx.homestead.com/JoePBabecurse.html

(And no-one better have pre-dobied this thread. Bewarned [Roll Eyes] )

[Edit: link added. Wurgh, I'm confused. Which one is the dobie?]

[ October 16, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: John Van Pelt ]

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying very very hard not to dobie the thread with this

Whoops I failed...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.