FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Author Topic: Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a book that discusses the diferent Christian theological views of h-ll. I'm looking for something that has just about every view possible based on the Bible. Any ideas?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure the Bible itself would be a pretty good place to find the standard view of hell.

Other than that, I will go google for you.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure the Bible itself would be a bad place to go if you're looking for a standard viewpoint on hell.

I'd suggest going to the websites of the major denominations, they often have papers posted.

[ October 12, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: fugu13 ]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Yea, but the conclusion I've come to doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard before, so I'd like to know if anyone else has come up with it.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the conclusion?

Also, you could try Dante's Inferno....

[ October 12, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

I don't want to say until I find out how legit it is or isn't. [Smile]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It's your idea, no one's going to get on your case about it...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Yea, but I might just not have thought about it enough, or it might be the theory that some tiny cult that committed mass suicide had, so I don't really want to sound stupid until I know how stupid I'm going to sound.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you find out if a theory on the nature of hell is correct? or how correct it is?

Wouldn't seeing if anyone else had the same idea just tell you if anyone else had the same idea, not how right the idea is?

I'm being sincere in my queastions, I have heard plenty of people check ideas by seeing if the occurred to anyone else too, and I just don't see how that proves anything, or how it does much more than offer some reasurance that the idea isn't that out there.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How do you find out if a theory on the nature of hell is correct? or how correct it is?

Well, I can think of ONE answer...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try and tell you guys how it is from the other side...
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Hmmm, I'm not really thinking or talking in a coherent manner right now; so let me get back to you tomorrow.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
blacwolve, if you post or e-mail me your theory, I can probably tell you if it matches up with any of the more prominent theories/schools of thought on the subject.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Thanks, I'll write it up tomorrow, because I'm really really not able to formulate thoughts into words tonight. Thanks a lot! [Kiss]
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
hell is maded of spons.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a book on the subject some time ago, but I don't recall the name.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What's H2?

[Razz]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't want to say until I find out how legit it is or isn't.
As much as I like you, dear, I hope I'm not around to hear the theory once you know for absolute sure.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

[Razz]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.