FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Away too long, Matrix DVD, and --|--me off repeatedly...

Author Topic: Away too long, Matrix DVD, and --|--me off repeatedly...
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
First off all, I have been away far too long. I am guessing since September 1st or so. Geez, the time has literally melted away!

Secondly, I did my usual trick and bought Matrix DVD before its intended release this Tuesday.

Bad news: no trailer for Matrix Revolutions and not much extra on the extras disc, but still decent material.

Good news: the ability to watch the movie over and over, and notice some WIERD things that might have slipped through your grasp at the theatre.

Example: I swear that the candy The Oracle offers Neo in the park during their conversation is the RED pill that Morpheus offers Neo in the first movie... Lil help on this!

Lastly, my wife and children and the new home are the most wonderful things to happen to me in this world. I get to do fun things now like cut down trees and mow 35 acres, and it is a blast! And you thought just watching the grass grow is fun?

Sorry I cannot stay longer, but I have miles to go until I sleep...

P.S. The groundhogs are still frickin' HUGE, CT!

-SFJ

[ October 12, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know you're alive and well out there, Alucard. I did wonder at one point where you scadaddled off to.

Oh, and --|-- for the matrix dvd already.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Al: --I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I remember seeing the candy thing on the second viewing, and I'm sure there are others. Plus, of course, the use of a real SSH vulnerability by Trinity to take over the power plant -- a true geek's movie, it was.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys! I missed you all too. I spent literally 2 weeks moving boxes and unpacking. I then had some downed trees that required me to buy a chainsaw and get to work. My wife feared for my life, knowing how power tools affect me. After cutting down a few trees, I made out pretty well. One hematoma on my bicep and a broken toe. Trees:1 Me:1 I consider this a tie at this point...

Again shunning the --|--'s galore, I maxed out my Dish network subscription and added a 3rd receiver, with TiVo capabilities. I had to split earlier to fire up Donnie Darko and eat some popcorn. Life is good. Needless to say, I have been enjoying TV and movies in between unpacking and groundskeeping, but have not devoted much time to my PC.

Bad news, though, is that I'm on my 2nd lawn tractor already. No one told me they do not shread and mulch small limbs and rocks. I may have to back off the intensity of my mowing sessions...

The biggest impact that I had eluded to earlier, is that I posted 99% of my posts at work, and my company restricted internet access recently. This severely cut back my time on Hatrack. I will have to work on this...

Hope all is well, and please catch me up an any of the million things I missed. I go away for a few weeks and Bob becomes a Texan? I hear its like a whole, nuther country there!

Geez!

At least none of the Jatraqueros ran for Governor of California...

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Alucard! Glad you're enjoying taming your new domicile and environs. [Big Grin]

quote:
At least none of the Jatraqueros ran for Governor of California...
Oh, you didn't see my name, hmm? Near the end of the ballot . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
now that you've got that set up, i'll be right over. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the Matrix Revolutions preview. [Razz]

It was AWESOME!!!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Alucard!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.