FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Thanksgiving

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians [Big Grin]
[Wave]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jaids. Have a good time with your family. Now that you're in chef school, do you get to cook for everybody?

Raja and I are stuck alone in Waterloo catching up on work for the long weekend, but I'm sure we'll manage to have a pretty good time nonetheless.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
How is Raja?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

Actually I'm going down to Ohio to visit Ted/Pod.

My family and I aren't... ummm... close.

I made about 12 pies for my family though [Smile]
(8 pumpkin, 4 apple). (I promised my little brother I'd make him pies [Smile] )

It's too bad you're stuck in Waterloo without family. You should have told me earlier- we could have had some kind of thanksgiving at my place [Smile]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving, eh.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

Yeash I went smiley crazy in the last post.

If there is any interest, Ted's coming up for the American Thanksgiving. We could have a get togeather (at my place) with (or without) Thanksgiving type food.

Turkey, mashed potatoes, acorn squash tortellini and/or herb and walnut ravioli (for those of us whom chose not to eat meat and dairy products. Yes the "noodle" part will be vegan friendly too), squash, vegan friendly pumpkin pie (or apple or both... can you tell those are my favourite kinds?), cranberry sauce, and anything else that catches my or anybody elses fancy in the next bit [Wink] (Suggestions are more then welcome).

American Thanksgiving is Nov. 27th - Nov. 30th I believe. And of course the invitation is open to everybody.

----
*hopes Calab doesn't mind me stamping on his ground a bit*

[ October 09, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm alive. Been better, been worse.

Thanks for asking. [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.