FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My feet hurt...

Author Topic: My feet hurt...
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
...and it's only my second day!

My second day at Sears, and I'm running the cash register. No, I haven't had any training on it. The only thing saving me is that I've worked there before...back in 97!

They are short handed and can't figure out why...I could be nice and tell them that if they paid more than $6.50 an hour, they'd have more applicants. [Razz] I wasn't hired for my opinions, but at least I'll have a paycheck.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Soak them in the bathtub and then rub lotion on them when you get home. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sympathy, Boon! Good luck, and many (((((Boon)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

My mind associated the "them" in Kat's post with the "them" in the last paragraph of Boon's.

[ROFL] [ROFL]

[ October 08, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, that was my best laugh of the day. Thank you! [Smile] [Smile] [ROFL]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Having worked at Sears for a little over nine years, I have nothing but sympathy for you, Boon. I even considered working there as part-time seasonal help during the time Mama Squirrel is home recovering, but it was the pay rate that stopped me. I might still go back, though, but definitely only part-time. No way does $6.50 offset daycare costs and stay-at-home-parental benefits.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you've got a job, Boonie!!! Good luck! I'd massage your feet, but you're too far away!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Papa, if you can hold out that long, you'd be better off going to Jackson Hewitt for a part time job. Call them now to schedule the training. Training usually lasts 36 hours, and they are VERY flexible on hours. Carl Wing owns the territory I live in, and he's a very, very good man to work for. Last year, he paid his preparers $9 an hour plus a bonus at the end of tax season. Tax knowledge is not required, and the training class will provide you with basic information. You DON'T have to learn how to do taxes, you just have to have good customer service skills and be able to follow directions. Accurate data entry is the most important part.

Yes, I'll be doing that too come January.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
When are you due? You are due, aren't you? At least I can ask that knowing it's not based on your appearance. Some guy asked if I was expecting last weekend. I guess there is two ways that could be meant. But it was last weekend when someone asked if I was expecting.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

May 13th, as near as I can figure. I haven't seen a doctor yet, being only 9 weeks or so along, but I will as soon as I have time.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear you got a job, Rayann! I know what you mean about achy feet, retail is bad about causing that.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Sears. We should start a "who has worked at Sears" thread. ::raises hand:: Yes, my very first job. Cash register is good when there's people buying stuff. My most unfavorite thing was trying to look busy when there was nothing to do. That's probably what makes your feet hurt. (((Boon))) Go have a soak in the tub! [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad met the Reverend Doctor King through Sears! He came in to buy a swing set or jungle gym for his kids and hired my Dad, a Sears salesman for years, to come out and install it.

Just another benefit of living in the city too busy too hate. Although we haven't been very busy lately, the economy bites.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job in creating options Boon!
It's amazing how much personal power you feel when you have choices. Congratulations!

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.