FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Look what I did! (Now with a picture of Patrick)

Author Topic: Look what I did! (Now with a picture of Patrick)
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kaylafromhatrack2001/lst?.dir=/Look+what+I+did!&.view =t

I'm kinda proud of myself. Even if I do say so myself, and all. [Razz]

[Big Grin]

[ October 15, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we supposed to see what we see when we click on the link?

(Hey, that sounded like something from the Wizard of Oz...)

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup... make it accessible yo.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wow! Those are puurty! [Hat]

[ October 02, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I'm bored and get a kick out of fixing links for people when they screw them up, did you possibly mean this:
edit: awwwwww....i picked the wrong picture and you beat me to it.

[ October 02, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Rappin' Ronnie Reagan ]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

No. My son did that. He's very talented and I couldn't do that if I tried. [Razz]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Hmmm .....

this thread reminds me of something I shoud have done a long time ago, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hmm.....

[Blushing]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, very classy.

Jexxster likes!

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Pat, if you take a picture of it, I could add it to the album and you could show off your cute kids. [Smile]

Oh, and the pictures are kind of crappy, but the tee on the kitty picture is a mouse.

pajeba, I like the sailboat too, though my husband doesn't understand the appeal. The poor boy has been landlocked his whole life. My next two projects are a little girl on the beach and then, a schooner!

[ October 03, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Pat
Member # 879

Everyone:

Kayla took a family portrait of ours and turned it into this kind of glass etching. It hangs in our front room, is beautiful and EVERYONE notices it. It's amazing. And I promised Kayla I'd take a picture of it and send it to her, but have yet to get over my bout with laziness and actually do it.

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Pat...get a move on! We want to see it!

Kayla, those are definitely cool. I haven't the slightest idea how you do them. Could you give us a brief process overview??

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Sailboat!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I take a photo, screw around with it till it looks good in black and white, size and crop it the way I want and make a photocopy of it. Then, I take some vinyl (with a sticky back) and glue the photo to it. Peel the backing on the vinyl and stick it to glass. Then comes the hours of using an exacto blade to cut out the picture. I remove everything I want blasted and leave the rest. Then, in a sandblaster, the exposed glass is etched by using. . . oh heck, this is better.

http://www.allsands.com/Art/howtoetchglas_vqk_gn.htm

[Big Grin]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Okay, I added the original for those two photos, plus the originals of the two I'm doing next. [Smile]

Now you can see what it started out looking like and how it ended up.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap, can't WAIT to see the schooner!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I know! I'm waiting till I get some of these. [Big Grin]

[ October 02, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

:shameless bump:
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I didn't know that was possible. *impressed
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
that's really nice, kayla.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, Kayla!
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Cool. I had no idea how that was done! Takes a lot of patience and talent!! I can't imagine how long it would take to do a family picture! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Look, Patrick and family. [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat's the one with the blonde hair on the right.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

T, how did you know? [Smile]

It is terribly convenient that the flash was right where Patrick is supposed to be, isn't it? [Wink]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he was the wee laddie down in front.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I kept moving my head to the right to get rid of the glare until I realized how big of an idiot I was, trying to get rid of the glare on a digital picture.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugger #1
Member # 5760

- posted      Profile for Bugger #1   Email Bugger #1         Edit/Delete Post 
That isn't Patrick, you fools, it's Jon Boy.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you're not. You're me.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugger #1
Member # 5760

And I am you.

Wow, we're like the Trinity.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the goatee?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugger #1
Member # 5760

Gonzo. I can't handle it once it gets a certain length.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Except that there's only two of us. Or seventy of us. Or possibly somewhere in between.

Actually, I think we make the Trinity look simple.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugger #1
Member # 5760

And yet, so deep...

**ponders the deeper meaning of it all**

[ October 16, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Bugger #1 ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

That's beautiful Kayla. I'm realy impressed!!
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

*ponders the deeper meaning of burninating Pat*

*burninates Pat*

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders whether or not Pat is burninating himself*

Kayla, I forgot to say how pretty those glass etches were. You've got some real talent.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
It's really a rhetorical question, Ashley.
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Is the handle contained within the Pat, or is the Pat contained within the handle? If the handle is made by Pat, then is the handle Pat?

*brain explodes*

Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, beautiful. You're starting to understand.
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

[Hail] <Saruman, the Patidol>
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, those are amazing!

*is very impressed*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.